Events/Trails moab pre-funk run 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It has been in the 94-96 range with 60+ humidity for the past few weeks in DC/VA. A dry 99/100 sounds refreshing. Also, I grew up in Phoenix and my dad had a place in Yuma for the past few years. Moab will feel like spring :)

For trails I definitely need to hit TOTW, Hells Revenge is also on my list - and I want to hit that Crack :moon:

Should we plan on meeting at the BluPig Sunday say 5/6p? That place looks cool

My opinion (if it matters) :
BluePig is pretty good.
Moab Brewery is better.
Sunset Grill is very nice.
They all sound good - I am hoping they serve proper alcohol and not the 2.1% UT brewskies :D

As long as the restaurant is licensed to serve liquor, you're good. They'll sell regular, non-wacky Utah law, beer. If it's only licensed to for "serving beer", like convenience stores, grocery stores, some restaurants, you're screwed and are only able to get the 3.2 (by weight) swill. Most decent restaurants serve real beer.

It's bizarre.

For trails I definitely need to hit TOTW, Hells Revenge is also on my list - and I want to hit that Crack :moon:

getting to the Crack, and back out is an all day affair. 10-14 hrs. depending on route and how many trucks are going.

To Hell and Back Moab 2017

My opinion (if it matters) :
BluePig is pretty good.
Moab Brewery is better.
Sunset Grill is very nice.
Atomic lounge is another joint I wanted to try.

Atomic lounge is another joint I wanted to try.
Atomic Lounge is good - rear patio is nice but might be too hot now. Good shade, tho. I know they have Polygamy Porter on Nitro......

met a nice vendor at the overland expo, trailsoffroad.com

They are a free site for now, said they will become a paid subscription service next year.

they offer gpx files of most trails. I started downloading some of the moab trails last night.

the more people with active tracking/mapping, the less chance of "missing" the trail...:hillbilly:

I sent them some feedback a couple months ago and they gave me beta access to their new website. I really wish they would develop an iOS/Android app. I paid $15 for a one year subscription to AllTrails.com - although they don't have quite as many 4WD trails listed or as good a summary of the trails, they have hiking, biking, etc trails, downloadable GPX files and other maps, and everything can be cached on your mobile device. If you could merge trailsoffroad.com and alltrails.com sites and apps the result would be awesome

this is a first for me. Crazy sight

F0FDD7C3-6241-4426-9A1E-25C1BDB443C8.jpeg

Well played...if we do Alaska- I will be shipping mine.

Our ETA into Moab is around 630pm tomorrow. Currently in Kansas City for the night, enjoying a great BBQ plate. Starting the long push into Utah bright and early tomorrow morning.

Our ETA into Moab is around 630pm tomorrow. Currently in Kansas City for the night, enjoying a great BBQ plate. Starting the long push into Utah bright and early tomorrow morning.
Did Kansas City have the package you were chasing?

Smitty

Well dang...
We are delayed, and won’t be in Mosb til Monday!

Grrr...

Just reached Moab and checked in La Quinta next to Blu Pig. Who else is here?

Got here an hour ago. Shopping and will check in to the Downtown Moab Hotel in a few minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom