Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'GA- Georgia Cruisers' started by TeddyBoy, Jun 1, 2016.
I will be up Thursday night late but I would love to be apart of the discussions.
If you guys don't get this together I'm selling my damn Cruisers and buying a boat!!! You can always find somebody to go fishing with! Hell they'll even drink your damn beer for you.
I would be up for both a 2017 and a 2018 ride. I really wish you guys would focus on the 2017 ride. Even a group of four or five would be a great time!
Anybody wondering if your rig is up to this just know that a novice driver could become an expert within one weekend due to the amount of traction available. Simple just make sure you're line is right and your truck is tight!!!
I regret I will not be able to attend G Schmidt ER for one of the few times the event has been held during my lifetime. In fact I even uped my life insurance this year(that's no joke!). My father-in-law turns 90 years old on Saturday, raffle night, and I must put my love of family, haha, before my love of Land Cruisers.
Anyone sitting on the fence get the hell off it and come over to the Moab side remember life is short and so am I.....
Post up....whatever details come out of the "meeting of the minds" this week in TN, or if more deliberations are in consideration.
I bet they're busy selling raffle tickets and fix'n trucks
No........ They don't break trucks. Be nice @HENDOG might have to call Donna.
The meeting summed up:
"Who can make it in 2018?"
YUP, ITS OFFICIALLY DEAD FOR 2017!!
Roger has his own plans brewing for mid next year and stay tuned for the possibility of a 2018 fall trip from the GA/FL crew.
Ah come on 11 pages and then I come to this. I went out west twice last year and was planning on meeting up with some of you guys out in Moab. Butttt I'm still going anyway. I'll be driving out of Florida somewhere around the 1st and spent 17-18 days on the road going to do the Dan Juans in Colorado and Moab. Not hard core. Moderate rig on 33s,rtt, cruising speed somewhere 75-85mph. Any others are welcome in joining in. I believe mellowe (deo) is game for the trip as well.
I'm still game.
Not that I was even contemplating going this year, but think the issue isn't with moderate wheelers, but the hardcore numbers.
Just watching how our recent RR ride went, you want a decent number of extra hands and rigs for when something breaks and needs fixing, winching, rock stacking or extraction, unless you want to go easy - and do the think that's the plan. Some also need a support group for tire envy.
Safety in numbers.
P.S. you still have that NOS radiator I responded to on your parting out as, never got a 2nd reply....
Nope my house had two feet of sea water in it during the hurricane and I got rid of everything
I'm still going Fockers
Well Al, that's just disappointing. Recollect you found a sump system in that house when you bought it. Hope the water didn't damage anything else.
Ok - so I'm 90% good for 2018, pending dates but Oct. was sounding good. The 10% holdback is in the event a family matter comes up, I fail to rebuild the 40 with a proper cage (and some much desired upgrades), or if I put a bun in the oven with dates that conflict with the trip. Wife is good with concept of attending GSMTR for a few days, potential to secure storage for the Summer if the whole shipping thing works out, then fly in/out....she was even good enough to ask how/when I would get my gear back home, so she's onboard (I think sending her home to visit family for 10 days at same time might have sealed it, but I added that afterwards).
Sorry to digress with so much personal planning - but honestly, the thought of making this kinda trip is once in a lifetime for me, so kinda stoked to start planning.
Moab FIRST mentality!!! Tell you wife hands off the goods starting in Jan 2018 till at least GSMTR, that should take care of the kid thing. Second, get the cage tied into the frame and you'll be good to go, that should be reasonably easy. Third, I also thought this trip would be a "once in a lifetime" but I've been working on getting back since 2015 and have every expectation I'll do it several more times.
Flying out is the way to do it but you'll find getting into Moab can be expensive or tricky. From my research you have 3 options, fly into Grand Junction, ABQ or Salk Lake. Grand Junction is my preference as it's closest to Moab and a 1 day car rental from GJ to Moab is less than $100 assuming you/we won't need it for the entire time out there.
All that said, there is a lot that needs to fall into place but there is plenty of time to make that happen. I know Spanky was talking the game but I also heard some things that concerned me regarding transport costs and logistics so that will have to be worked out still.
I'd love to get the STLCA guys on board too, we had a great group last time and maybe given enough arm twisting we can get them involved.
In all the new planning for 2018 trip, I appreciate ya'll getting transport set for the crawlers and leaving the moderate wagons
that were in for 2017 in the weeds. What a Bunch a DICKS .
haha, apparently the PBRs were going down easily that night. In a perfect world we'll have transport for 13-15 rigs per the conversation but I suspect that's wishful thinking.