missipboy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,

We lost Parker Graves, "missipboy" to a car accident today. He was a great friend to many and a great asset to the cruiser community. His wife, Jill and three year-old daughter, Lillian will need your prayers. Parker touched so many lives everywhere he went. Parker never met a stranger, and he always lived life to the fullest- encouraging others to do the same. Although parker was taken from us at a young age, he probably had twice the happiness of many; Parker never wasted life being pissed off, negative or holding a grudge. I have no memory of him without a big grin on his face.

I don’t have the skills to write a fitting eulogy for such an incredible person. All I can do is share one of many stories that illustrates the kind of person Parker was. A few months ago, a buddy of ours was driving Parker's cruiser out by the river. We'd had a few beers, Parker was in the passenger seat, I and another friend were in back. We were in his diesel fj62-an awesome ride. We came around a bend to a water filled ravine (the mississippi river was at flood stage and water was backed up into many low lying areas). Our buddy who was driving, in spite of Parker's and others cries of NO! NO! NO!, gunned the engine and hit about five feet of water! Needless to say, the engine was destroyed. $8,000 worth of diesel engine had to be replaced. Parker looked over at his buddy and calmly said: “man- it’s just a truck.” He knew friendship was worth far more than the most rare, imported diesel engine. Earlier, I said that Parker loved cruisers; I was wrong. Parker didn’t love the metal and rubber that makes a cruiser. He loved what Toyota Landcruisers stand for: adventure, the open road, the unexplored trail, and most of all, the friendship among those that love the same.

Parker was planning on attending the cruiser crawl in a few weeks- hope you guys will give a moment of thought to a great guy who loved his family, loved life, and loved cruisers. Hug your loved ones, kiss your babies, and get out on the trail! That’s what Missipboy would have you do!

What??? So sorry to hear this! We will definately Do something to remember him!

my heart breaks with this news.
Prayers go out to his family.

Sorry we didn't get a chance to get to know him better or wheel with him more. Our prayers will be with the family. Please let us know if we can do anything for the family.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Tunica crew as well as Parkers family.

He was so very cool.. I'm glad we got to wheel together. Wish we could have wrenched together. He built some epic rigs.....

Parker will be missed.

Man what a loss. He was a great person for what little time I new him.

I enjoyed stopping by the JD store in Tunica when I passed through to just bs a little.

I wanted to make it out to the river campout but never did.

My thoughts and prayers will be with his family.

Let us know if anything is needed. I will never pass that field with the cruiser barn not remember him.

Truly a loss.

That is horrible. He just bought a house in memphis
and was going to move here soon. I was just telling wife
about him.

I am so sorry.

Prayers sent.
truly a loss.

A tragic loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and close friends.

family and friends will be in our prayers!
so sorry to hear this

What horrible news. What a loss. Many prayers for his family and friends.

I met Parker a couple years ago when I bought some parts from him. He showed me around, helped me load up, and even checked to make sure I got it all home OK. Parker was one of those guys who could make you feel like a friend after knowing him a short time. I was very excited to see Parker's and Ransom's SCC registrations a couple of days ago. I'm holding his registration check in my hand right now.

He will be missed.

I can't believe this... What an awesome guy.

Please keep me posted on final arrangements.

Stolen from his fb page.
Parker.jpg

I'm stunned. How unbelievably tragic. Parker was our host at his Mississippi River cabin less than 2 weeks ago. On that trip we had the pleasure of meeting and having dinner with Jill and Lillian. We also met his Grandfather Dutch Parker, for whom he was named. I told Parker when we left Tunica that I'd never forget his hospitality, and the great evening we spent sitting in Old Miss rocking chairs on his porch, drinking Texas beers, telling tall tales, and watching the river flow. The last thing he said to me was, "Jill has a job offer in Austin. We'll give you a call when we visit, probably before the Summer is over." I've been expecting his call.

What a great person, and what a loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

Lee

Wow...

I only met Parker once when he stopped by to get some parts. He seemed like a genuine, down to earth guy.

My prayers go out to his family and friends. They have a tough road ahead.

Wow. This truly sucks. My prayers go out to his wife and daughter.

I'm stunned. How unbelievably tragic. Parker was our host at his Mississippi River cabin less than 2 weeks ago. On that trip we had the pleasure of meeting and having dinner with Jill and Lillian. We also met his Grandfather Dutch Parker, for whom he was named. I told Parker when we left Tunica that I'd never forget his hospitality, and the great evening we spent sitting in Old Miss rocking chairs on his porch, drinking Texas beers, telling tall tales, and watching the river flow. The last thing he said to me was, "Jill has a job offer in Austin. We'll give you a call when we visit, probably before the Summer is over." I've been expecting his call.

What a great person, and what a loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

Lee

I echo Lee's sentiments. I bought the red 40 that Parker had for sale on MUD earlier this month.

He was a stand up guy and very up front regarding the 40.

He showed great a great deal of generosity in letting us stay at his river cabin and even provided us dinner.

We had a great time hanging out and getting to know him and his wife.

I just emailed him last night asking him a question about the 40....

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

- Pat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom