Minimal lift suspension options?

Discussion in '120-Series Toyotas' started by Docwyte, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Docwyte

Docwyte

So I have no great aspirations to wheel my GX. It's my DD and will see fire roads, etc. No need for a big lift and I don't want one as then the truck won't fit underneath my lift in my garage.

I have 265-70-17 BFG KO2's on it now, with bone stock suspension. Air suspension seems to be working fine for now (112k miles) but I want to see what options are out there for me.

I'm thinking about ditching the rear air suspension and going with coils. What should I be considering coils/shocks wise for either stock height or 1" lift?

I searched but my google-fu must not be working well because I didn't really find any threads...

2. Vlad

Vlad The Impaler SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    There is literally a thread in this group...

inovashn likes this.
  3. Vlad

Vlad The Impaler SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
  4. HomersCanyonero

HomersCanyonero

Media:
    Albums:
    Here’s a link to that thread that also covers mild suspensions. I’ve sent the PDF version and the write up to Dan to see if it can be posted in the GX Offroad site

GX470 Primer for the Ideal Mild-Build for Under $3000

Oh, even if you were to use new stock oem shocks, front springs, and rear airbags to refresh your suspension, you would most likely get a 1” lift due to old worn out parts. And you would get a big bill since new Toyota parts are pricier than the 2.5” beefier suspensions.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.