milestar Patagonia? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pura Vida

What an absolute noob
Threads
I have been looking up good tires, and I stumbled on the milestar Patagonia. People say it is a great tire that lasts a decent time, has quiet road noise, pretty good off road, and looks good. Anyone have any experience with these tires? I’m a 17 year old high school student, so keep that budget in mind...

feel free to continue offering your thoughts on this tire, you don’t have to follow the thread. I want to hear people’s experiences if they have them.

Last edited:
I have been looking up good tires, and I stumbled on the milestar Patagonia. People say it is a great tire that lasts a decent time, has quiet road noise, pretty good off road, and looks good. Anyone have any experience with these tires? I’m a 17 year old high school student, so keep that budget in mind...
Id probably scour craigslist for used tires first.

Which tire (AT or XT or MT) and what size?

The price on Amazon was reasonable but I looked at the 10.50 x 33 / 15 MT.

While some MT's are less noisy than others, quiet and MT do not go together. Of course, in a 40 there are a lot of other noises to help drown out tire noise.

Unfortunately I do not have any experience with Patagonia tires. So, if you do go this route, let us know how their tires are.

I run Toyo Tires and Dick Cepek on my vehicles. All are MT's.

I have run BFG's but I had issues with balancing the tires, they were noisy and I blew a sidewall. The BFG's were noisier or at least it seemed that way.

Good luck with your search.

Which tire (AT or XT or MT) and what size?

The price on Amazon was reasonable but I looked at the 10.50 x 33 / 15 MT.

While some MT's are less noisy than others, quiet and MT do not go together. Of course, in a 40 there are a lot of other noises to help drown out tire noise.

Unfortunately I do not have any experience with Patagonia tires. So, if you do go this route, let us know how their tires are.

I run Toyo Tires and Dick Cepek on my vehicles. All are MT's.

I have run BFG's but I had issues with balancing the tires, they were noisy and I blew a sidewall. The BFG's were noisier or at least it seemed that way.

Good luck with your search.
Yea, noise wasn’t a major issue for me in the first place, but the fact that it is quieter than most is a plus. I think I will end up doing this, as I have heard pretty good reviews about it, and I’ll document it. I think I’m gonna lift my truck and replace tires in the summer so I’ll compare these to the GTradial adventuro MT tires I have right now when the time comes. I’m at stock height on 31.5” tires right now, and I’ll be upgrading to 33s in a 4 inch lift in the summer so I’ll let y’all know how it goes

Sounds like you are well on your way to being like the rest of us, addicted to Land Cruisers in a good way.

I bet you'll have another by the time you are 25.

Document your journey, we do like pictures.

Yea, noise wasn’t a major issue for me in the first place, but the fact that it is quieter than most is a plus. I think I will end up doing this, as I have heard pretty good reviews about it, and I’ll document it. I think I’m gonna lift my truck and replace tires in the summer so I’ll compare these to the GTradial adventuro MT tires I have right now when the time comes. I’m at stock height on 31.5” tires right now, and I’ll be upgrading to 33s in a 4 inch lift in the summer so I’ll let y’all know how it goes

Driving a diesel 40 series is noise was a big concern you would have a problem. For tire intended use is what you need to look at. All tires have to be approved to be sold in the US. If they were the Dunlop bias tires would be popular on the early sixties 40 series. For our daily drivers that see plenty of freeway speed at 75 mph only run Michelin tires. For my old ones that mainly see dirt roads and two lane highway with very little traffic I'll run tires would have been removed from a daily driver for a long time. There is no one size fits all. Something you have to decide what's right for you.

Years ago installed 2" lift on my FJ62 and went from 225X75X15" to 33X9.50X15". At the time was a DD used to go between homes. One at 1,100' and the other at 6,900'. Plenty of up and down in between. Would joke that on one long high climb my wife would get out and walk then wait for me. Ended up taking the lift off and going to 235X75X15"LT. The FJ62 now semi retired at the home at 6,900'. Moved up to 31X10.50X15". Works without a lift and for the most part have enough power now that it doesn't travel between homes. With B engine would wonder how the power would be. You also loose on the low end with taller tires unless you change the gearing. Change the gearing and probably get worse mileage with the extra weight. The biggest thing you gain it the look you what. Have better ground clearance but also more top heavy. I have no interest in crawling over boulders. With 31"s and no lift there are very few places I hit the bottom if I pick the right line.

Sounds like you are well on your way to being like the rest of us, addicted to Land Cruisers in a good way.

I bet you'll have another by the time you are 25.

Document your journey, we do like pictures.
Haha I already have another 45 I’m getting prepped to flip

Driving a diesel 40 series is noise was a big concern you would have a problem. For tire intended use is what you need to look at. All tires have to be approved to be sold in the US. If they were the Dunlop bias tires would be popular on the early sixties 40 series. For our daily drivers that see plenty of freeway speed at 75 mph only run Michelin tires. For my old ones that mainly see dirt roads and two lane highway with very little traffic I'll run tires would have been removed from a daily driver for a long time. There is no one size fits all. Something you have to decide what's right for you.

Years ago installed 2" lift on my FJ62 and went from 225X75X15" to 33X9.50X15". At the time was a DD used to go between homes. One at 1,100' and the other at 6,900'. Plenty of up and down in between. Would joke that on one long high climb my wife would get out and walk then wait for me. Ended up taking the lift off and going to 235X75X15"LT. The FJ62 now semi retired at the home at 6,900'. Moved up to 31X10.50X15". Works without a lift and for the most part have enough power now that it doesn't travel between homes. With B engine would wonder how the power would be. You also loose on the low end with taller tires unless you change the gearing. Change the gearing and probably get worse mileage with the extra weight. The biggest thing you gain it the look you what. Have better ground clearance but also more top heavy. I have no interest in crawling over boulders. With 31"s and no lift there are very few places I hit the bottom if I pick the right line.
Yea, my commute most days is about 15 minutes on a 45 mph traffic road, so I’m not going very fast most days. I hardly even go in the interstate at all, even in my parents modern cars. I understand bigger tires will take away bottom end power, but I didn’t really get this to go very fast, so as long as I can get rolling, I should be okay. I like the way 4 inches looks, and I plan to use it off road when I can and I plan to have some fun with it. My truck already has mud tires so I’m not exactly sacrificing anything like I would if I were switching from road to mud tires. I’m mostly getting new lift and tires for the look, and off road capability, as well as a slow daily commute.

Coal Mine Cruiser Cassic

Great Smokey Mountain Trail Ride

Coal Mine Cruiser Cassic

Great Smokey Mountain Trail Ride

The relic run looks like a ton of fun, but unfortunately I think I’m double booked for that one. The other ones look a little bit far for right now. Maybe I’ll do them next year when things are a little less hectic on the calendar, and when my rig has a few more things for camping and off roading...

Raleigh to Joliet PA is only 7 hrs. It takes me 5hrs in my FJ55.

We are supposed to make the 70 Series Meet n Greet in Sept in TN. A 2 day trip (much easier in a 70 series).

You can add various TLCA club runs to your bucket list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom