Middle East exporter, any suggestions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

Long time lurker before finally making an account today. Anyone have any suggestions as to an exporter for a 70/105 series land cruiser from the middle East?

My fianceés parents are originally from Iraq (dad fought for the U.S as an interpreter) and have family there so they visit yearly. Which if possible would allow me to get the vehicle inspected and verified from them, before being shipped to Canada.

Which got me to thinking, why am I busy messing around with lx570's and not importing a 70/105 land cruiser?

If anyone has suggestions or has used a middle East based exporter, I would be much obliged.

Also Canada has the 15 year rule so 2006 (2007 as of the 1st of this January) Landcruisers would be available for me to import.

Cheers

Riley

The exporters seem to be somewhat country specific; not that I'm an expert by any means. I'm currently shopping logistics companies for the two Land Cruisers I own in Riyadh. The first quote I just received was from the logistics company my company is using for our household goods. Needless to say they won't be getting my business.

Are you looking to export from Iraq or somewhere else? Also, be careful with the 15 year rule. Not positive about Canada but in the US it goes by month and year. Good luck!

Any luck mike? I’m also very interested. Haven’t found anyone yet to the US/Canada.
Hey Adam,

Currently I've had less than stellar luck in finding an exporter. There seems to be no shortage of good vehicle selection though.

What most likely is going to happen is I'll head there and get it registered through a family member there. Then I'll have them help find an exporter.

I'll update once I've sorted out all the details and hopefully be able to give some type of guidance to the folks here.

Cheers,
Mark

Hey Adam,

Currently I've had less than stellar luck in finding an exporter. There seems to be no shortage of good vehicle selection though.

What most likely is going to happen is I'll head there and get it registered through a family member there. Then I'll have them help find an exporter.

I'll update once I've sorted out all the details and hopefully be able to give some type of guidance to the folks here.

Cheers,
Mark
You don't need an exporter if you do that. All you need is a shipping company. Lots of shipping companies in Saudi to choose from but I have no idea about Iraq. Quick google search though shows possibilities:

If an Iraqi 80 series is "worth" importing into US...you know it's all gone to s***.

Last edited:
Apologies for my spelling/grammatical errors in the previous post, I was half asleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom