Micro-Tube Parallel Flow Condenser (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's some more pics from my install. Part 5.

View of the bottom from above
View attachment 1773473

Sides and top foam. The bottom was under the condenser, the sides and top were between the condenser and radiator.
View attachment 1773474

Top view of the top foam.
View attachment 1773475

Reinstalled the top beam of the radiator support. All done!
View attachment 1773476
@Dissent I found your write-up after I've been struggling with my Nissens condenser install for a bit. Without adding any extra foam, I wasn't getting sufficient airflow through the condenser at idle. I've added a couple of those 2x2" foam strips to the sides (which has help a decent amount), but haven't yet added foam to the bottom or top.

A few questions:
- Are you still running this foam, or did you upgrade to sheet metal? If sheet metal, any chance you could snag some pics? I know your post is years old at this point, but it's the only other Nissens setup I've seen pics of.
- Have you had any issues with the foam on the top staying put? I'm a little nervous about it falling down in front of the radiator. i suppose i could just double-sided tape it to the metal cross support, but i'm still weary.
- For the side pieces (at least on mine), the foam is blocking about 2" of the radiator. I assume you haven't had any issues with radiator performance because of this?

@Dissent I found your write-up after I've been struggling with my Nissens condenser install for a bit. Without adding any extra foam, I wasn't getting sufficient airflow through the condenser at idle. I've added a couple of those 2x2" foam strips to the sides (which has help a decent amount), but haven't yet added foam to the bottom or top.

A few questions:
- Are you still running this foam, or did you upgrade to sheet metal? If sheet metal, any chance you could snag some pics? I know your post is years old at this point, but it's the only other Nissens setup I've seen pics of.
- Have you had any issues with the foam on the top staying put? I'm a little nervous about it falling down in front of the radiator. i suppose i could just double-sided tape it to the metal cross support, but i'm still weary.
- For the side pieces (at least on mine), the foam is blocking about 2" of the radiator. I assume you haven't had any issues with radiator performance because of this?
Wow, I just saw my original post is over 5 years old.

Yes, the foam is doing great on all sides. The top foam is holding strong and just pushed in place. The original foam was taped in but was mostly dwgraded over 20 years...ironically the tape is still there. LOL. No issues with cooling at all in the Phoenix heat blocking that little bit on the sides. It actually helps pull the air through the radiator better. Still love the ice cold air I've enjoyed for 5 years!!

Starting to warm up down under and I'm looking at replacing my condenser with one of these parallel flow ones, however my rig was originally r12, 05 month 1992. I see one post of someone saying it works in the old r12 system once ya tap one hole out but just thought I'd check if anyone else has had success?

Starting to warm up down under and I'm looking at replacing my condenser with one of these parallel flow ones, however my rig was originally r12, 05 month 1992. I see one post of someone saying it works in the old r12 system once ya tap one hole out but just thought I'd check if anyone else has had success?
I'm not sure how much better that condenser is. While the fin design is supposed to be more efficient, the actual condenser cooling area size of this nissen condenser is like 15% or so less square inches than a stock condenser.

I'm not sure how much better that condenser is. While the fin design is supposed to be more efficient, the actual condenser cooling area size of this nissen condenser is like 15% or so less square inches than a stock condenser.
I noticed a big improvement. I believe the efficiency overcompensates for the smaller size, netting better performance. A side benefit may be better airflow through to the radiator, but that's just a guess as I have no way to confirm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom