Wanted Meticulously well maintained 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi mudders,

I am in the process of hunting down a cruiser for my father as he has finally decided to come an join the 100 series family. There is only 1 requirement for the vehicle: Records. My father has a tendency to be meticulous in regards to how he maintains and tracks his vehicles (bordering on insane in my opinion). He has analyzed the market, has a price range ($25,000 max) and is looking for the vehicle that will take places for the next 10-15 years. Located in Boulder, CO, the closer the better but distance isnt a factor. The following is a breakdown of what he is preferably looking for:

- Maximum price of $25,000 (will consider more if its the right truck though)

* Extensive records going back as far as possible or a build thread detailing every issue, repair, and modification to said vehicle!!! AGAIN - THE ONLY REAL REQUIREMENT

- Anything from street queen to fully built expo rig.

- Preferred mileage under 200,000k but again, a better-maintained rig with 300k goes further than one with 70k and crappy records

- Clean Title

- Ideally One-Owner so records are easier to trace back

- Preferably VVTI 4.7 due to him living at 8400 feet and wanting it to breath a bit better

Beyond those "requirements", anything goes.

Color, year, features do not matter.

No LX470s unless AHC has been swapped out already. He is adamant against anything but simple suspensions.

Thank you all for your time. Looking forward to what we find!

Last edited:
You may have difficulting finding a VVti without AHC. The four I had in last year, and all I've inspected came with AHC.

I too liked the non AHC for it simplecity, until I had one with AHC. The AHC is sweet. Yes it is a little more work to maintain, but no big deal. At some point the globs need replacing, this is a bit pricey but worth it for a stock rig. If building a heavy off road rig, that's the time to convert to non AHC.

Have your dad come down to my place in South Denver area sometime. I'll show him what I like about non and AHC systems.

Keep and eye on my signature, I often have what he's looking for;)

Last edited:
I have a white 2005 LC with 150,000 miles. Southern owned. I have all maintenance records from Car Fax. All owners from Arkansas. 3-4, 1 of which was my father in law. Only problem with vehicle is dent in back right fender. I have dropped price because I need to move it quickly. Listed at $16,200. If you are interested I can send you stuff, but I can tell you have some specifics in mind so didn't want to go into much more if not. If you want records just send me your email and I can get them to you ASAP.

Last edited:
You may have difficulting finding a VVti without AHC. The four I had in last year and all I've inspected came with AHC.

I too liked the non AHC for it simplecity, until I had one with AHC. The AHC is sweet. Yes it is a little more maintain to flush but no big deal. At some point the globs need replacing, this is a bit pricey but worth it for a stock rig. If building a heavy off road rig, that's the time to convert to non AHC.

Have your dad come down to my place in South Denver area sometime. I'll show him what I like about non and AHC systems.

Keep and eye on my signature, I often have what he's looking for;)

I spent a year hunting one of those to no avail. So jealous!

I am actually coming into town in mid March and would love to both bring him down to help educate but also just to say hi and get on my hands and knees to pay respect to an LC100 god. I have read through every thread you have posted and I can’t find more detailed threads anywhere hahaha. If the offer still is standing in a couple weeks, I’ll shoot you a pm.

Down here, they show up on Lexus and Toyota lots occasionally for trade-ins. Normally dealer serviced. Snagged a 07 last month non AHC 1 owner. Showed up at at lexus dealer, signed the next day. This wasn't the first I had seen either. People trade them in and if you can jump on them before they are cleaned you can get a good deal.

Down here, they show up on Lexus and Toyota lots occasionally for trade-ins. Normally dealer serviced. Snagged a 07 last month non AHC 1 owner. Showed up at at lexus dealer, signed the next day. This wasn't the first I had seen either. People trade them in and if you can jump on them before they are cleaned you can get a good deal.
O7 LC or LX non AHC? Was it removed or factory non?

Last edited:
I have a non-Navi/no AHC with 97k
JL Audio speakers/amp
Kenwood Head unit
Drawers
Snow tires
LS430 HID retrofit headlights
30” led light bar
Hella HID (made in Germany)
ARB bumper
12,500 winch
Bosch 100 fog from Europe
Group 31 battery
Led inside lights
Timing belt/water pump done at 90k
Icon suspension

E37F5FFC-6A78-4483-B227-E781234306E6.jpeg

After posting this I drove a 200 and was underwhelmed.

Please disregard my post.

I have a non-Navi/no AHC with 97k
JL Audio speakers/amp
Kenwood Head unit
Drawers
Snow tires
LS430 HID retrofit headlights
30” led light bar
Hella HID (made in Germany)
ARB bumper
12,500 winch
Bosch 100 fog from Europe
Group 31 battery
Led inside lights
Timing belt/water pump done at 90k
Icon suspension

View attachment 1640942

I was really interested too! That’s one clean 100.

I am in Boulder for the next 10 days. If anyone in the area has something for sale that meets criteria, I would love to take a look!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom