Meeting Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welder could be usefull. I wnt to spot weld on my link skids

If you don't find one, i can do it at my dads shop. I've welded up a few things on my LC. I mentioned doing this to Jason as well as his were kinda moving a little bit. I dont think he trust my awesome welding skillz!:D

For the SCUBA mod folks (me, Beach & Grouper so far), do you guys want to go with Shadow Warrior's setup (about $30 in parts) or FJNewb's setup (about $80 I understand). Shadow vents under hood; Newb to the jack compartment in rear interior. Check out differences in the Blue Room. Search SCUBA mod. FJNewb's pages have a link to his mod, which also shows Warrior's. If we do Newb's mod, he sells his kit to you. If Warrior's, I'll go to auto parts store and piece 3 together (or more if anyone else wants in).

Still at work at 4:45 on Sunday afternoon. :censor:

Will, I am up for whatever you guys decide.

Will, I also need to do the scuba mod. Not sure if I'll make the meeting or not. But if it's not to much trouble please pick me up the parts also.

Will, I also need to do the scuba mod. Not sure if I'll make the meeting or not. But if it's not to much trouble please pick me up the parts also.

OK, that's 5 Scuba mods. I went on YouTube yesterday at work (while I was trying very hard not to work) and saw a mod where the guys ran the breather up to where the gas fill up is located, inside the door. All in all, it looks much less complicated than either I mentioned previously (FJ Newb or Shadow Warrior) and less expensive (a tee connector, another connector, and a little bit of hose). I want to get under my FJ when it finally quits raining and check out what I saw on the video to compare to my rig. Those of you who have worked with me before were no doubt impressed by my total lack of mechanical skills. Freaky really, it's just a gift I suppose. :doh: However, I think I can find the bottom of the truck. :meh:

willinno said:
OK, that's 5 Scuba mods. I went on YouTube yesterday at work (while I was trying very hard not to work) and saw a mod where the guys ran the breather up to where the gas fill up is located, inside the door. All in all, it looks much less complicated than either I mentioned previously (FJ Newb or Shadow Warrior) and less expensive (a tee connector, another connector, and a little bit of hose). I want to get under my FJ when it finally quits raining and check out what I saw on the video to compare to my rig. Those of you who have worked with me before were no doubt impressed by my total lack of mechanical skills. Freaky really, it's just a gift I suppose. :doh: However, I think I can find the bottom of the truck. :meh:

Will, check out Brad's photos on the"What did you do to your Kreweser today?" thread. He just did the scuba mod like you are referring to.

as i just told brad, that video only shows 1/2 of the scuba mod being done (the rear part) which is the easiest. the front part is a little harder to do, or so i've read.

as i just told brad, that video only shows 1/2 of the scuba mod being done (the rear part) which is the easiest. the front part is a little harder to do, or so i've read.

Yeah it sucks. You are essentially doing everything by feel, you can't see any of it from the way you have to reach it. Well, you can see it just barely from the top.

BTW, if you are spending 80 dollars on this mod, you are an idiot. The rubber tubing costs maybe 5-8 bucks. And the fittings are no more than 10-15 total if you buy nice stuff haha.

On the scuba mod, if you have an '10 or newer fj, you only need to do the locker and diff breathers. The t-case and transmission breathers are already high enough in the stock location. If you have the 09 or earlier, you'll need to do them and yes, it's a pain in the ass.

I ran my elocker and diff all the way up to the front of the truck into the engine compartment. It wasn't that hard just took alittle longer. I didn't like the idea of cutting the boot around my filler cap at all. Also, I reused the breather cap from the diff housing instead of getting a filter. I'd recommend doing that. It's good being green. :) to do the mod, I bought 15 feet of tubing from Autozone. I also bought a hose connector kit they had. It was the only way to get the right t-fitting I needed. You'll also need a few small hose clamps. I think I used 5 if memory serves me right.

Hope this helps.
Bart

oh, and I'll bring the welder.

How many of us need a SCUBA mod of one variety or the other? (there are at least two versions of it I've seen) If there are several of us, I can pick up the parts and we can do them on all of our rigs. :idea:

im in let me know what i owe ya!

im hoping my new ucas will be in by then... haven't heard anything from metal tech....

I'm getting materials for 7 mods. I'm not going with either FJNewb or Shadow Warrior as far as their more expensive parts go. I'll pick up the 90404-51026 Toyota part tomorrow a.m. I have a '10, so mine will only need the rear mod. I'll pick up materials for front mods too for the '09 and older. Going to AutoZone at lunch.

Also, i ran my rear locker and diff into my rear cargo jack compartment, there is a large grommet there you can use.

Why do you think you only need the rear mod with a '10? There are 3 breathers located on top of the transfer case for 2010+

The two from the transfer case and trans are both high enough that you really don't need to do them on the +10 FJC's. If you get water in them, the water would be high enough that you'll have water in engine engine. I did however forget about the front diff. I never did that on mine. Didn't know it actually had a breather. Maybe someone can chime in on that. I know I have two other breathers on the driver's side of the engine that come from underneath. Have no idea where they go. Maybe one of them is to the front diff.

Has anyone done the +10 intake baffle removal? I'd love to do that one to see how much louder it gets. Bart likes a loud FJ. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom