Mechanic help FJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've had my 97 FJ80 (250K) for a couple of month now. A little bit of blue smoke at times and now a code P0401 (Insufficient EGR Flow) popping up + tail shaft seal leaking. I'm not mechanically inclined, but need to get this thing running well enough for a worry free road trip. A couple of people have recommended going to Murph at Camelback Toyota, which I'll likely do for a diagnosis, but was wondering if there is anyone willing to work on this thing. I can't afford to put it into the dealership for repairs.
Any help is much appreciated!

check the upper right corner of this page ;)

I've had my 97 FJ80 (250K) for a couple of month now. A little bit of blue smoke at times and now a code P0401 (Insufficient EGR Flow) popping up + tail shaft seal leaking. I'm not mechanically inclined, but need to get this thing running well enough for a worry free road trip. A couple of people have recommended going to Murph at Camelback Toyota, which I'll likely do for a diagnosis, but was wondering if there is anyone willing to work on this thing. I can't afford to put it into the dealership for repairs.
Any help is much appreciated!

PM me. I'll tell you who DSRTRDR is possibly referring to, he's the most competent and capable LC aficionado available and happens to be in town. With that said, I have also had excellent experiences with Murph on multiple occasions who's team is top notch. Don't let the "dealership" term give you reservations--Murph's team most likely has a unanimous positive approval from CSC members--and prices are very democratic.

Zona

PM me. I'll tell you who DSRTRDR is possibly referring to, he's the most competent and capable LC aficionado available and happens to be in town. With that said, I have also had excellent experiences with Murph on multiple occasions who's team is top notch. Don't let the "dealership" term give you reservations--Murph's team most likely has a unanimous positive approval from CSC members--and prices are very democratic.

Zona
Says your inbox is full/ Maybe I'm not navigating this correctly

Says your inbox is full/ Maybe I'm not navigating this correctly

I will clear my inbox, my apologies, I had no idea it was full.

Zona

I use Pat at Transparent Auto Solutions in Tempe. Pat is a Cruiser Head and was a Toyota Tech for many years. He is honest and fair, two things you generally don't find in small shop owner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom