Mechanic for an Inspection - Miami (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Ih8Mud, long time listener, first time caller.

I'm in the process of trying to find a decent 80 series to use as my local DD. I'm a work from home, we have a brand new Honda SUV that we share, so I'm looking for something fun a reliable to cruise around in and take my kids to cars and coffee. When I say DD, what I mean is less than 100 miles a month around town. I work in TV so this would also transport me to set when I go.

I've got a lead on a truck that looks great on paper in Miami, and instead of sending a generic PPI service I though I would see if there are any mechanics that know these trucks and want to make a couple bucks having a look for me. I'm in St. Pete, so I'm happy to go retrieve it, but would hate to make that trip to find out it's junk. Miami to St. Pete will be a great first voyage! :p

If anyone has a lead, I would be appreciative as well as any general things to consider as I take on on this journey. If anyone in the Tampa / St. Pete area knows a mechanic, I will be needing one locally to help with the larger upkeep items (axles, timing chain).

I've read the buyers guide, and I'm mechanically savvy and know cars so everything makes sense. Sounds like the biggest lookouts are these trucks are rust, axles, knuckles, head gaskets. I drove one locally this week that was a complete piece of s***, so I think that was a good place to start in terms of what to look out for! It was rusty, ran like s***, shifted like s*** and smelled like s***.

Hoping to join the community soon, TY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom