Measurement need on door hinges (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jvincig01

SILVER Star
Threads
i have a 67 with early style hinges. I need to pick up another set that attach to the door side. Can anyone tell me on a post 1974 what this measurement is on your hinges? Thanks!

IMG_8717.JPG

The hinges on my 71 looks slightly different than yours. Mine seem to have a step down where the bushings would be.
IMG_3152.JPG

IMG_3150.JPG
IMG_3149.JPG

This is from my 6/77 FJ-40. All hinges show the same measurement, minus a coat of paint or two.

Just installed new brass bushings yesterday, which you can see in the pic. Hope this helps!

IMG_6387.JPG

@Living in the Past in the past might know the history of hinges.

Starting with the 68 model the mirror moved from the A pillar to door hinge which is probably why the rib was shortened. Might also explain why the hinge was slightly wider with the shorter rib. It was also the first year mirrors were on both the driver' and passenger's side. Interesting they had safety straps for when the door were removed but nothing to move the mirrors back to the A pillar. Might have something to do with the fact the US was one of very few markets that soft top models had the easy removable soft doors. Most markets soft top models had hard doors.

Thanks all. I just removed my doors and am going to go with straps for a while. There is a lateral bar that connects the two door hinges together. I don't want to remove mine from my doors so I am looking for a set of 4 door side hinges to swap in its place. The hinges I have look a little different than the ones I have seen on eBay so I am just going to go with a later year set. Looks like any year will fit into the body side of the hinge

Thanks @Living in the Past. It's always a helpful and learning experience when you chime in. What a memory you have.

I've been eyeballing the reproduction strap setup on ebay. I think BTB is the seller. I'll be curious how yours turns out jvincig01.

I've been eyeballing the reproduction strap setup on ebay. I think BTB is the seller. I'll be curious how yours turns out jvincig01.[/USER]

FJ40 OEM Door Saftey Straps Reproduction Have you seen this thread? Last post on page eleven earlier this month he posted he still has some available. Bought a couple of hub caps and the early oval Toyota hood emblem from him in the past. Didn't get the safety straps since I have aused set and a new OEM set still in the bags.

FJ40 OEM Door Saftey Straps Reproduction Have you seen this thread? Last post on page eleven earlier this month he posted he still has some available. Bought a couple of hub caps and the early oval Toyota hood emblem from him in the past. Didn't get the safety straps since I have aused set and a new OEM set still in the bags.

Yup. That's where I got the idea. I bought them from him just a few days ago. He doesnt have the long brackets so I bought them from BTB. I just need the door hinges now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom