May have found a Good Deal for Someone! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not sure if anyone is in the market for a brand new 200 but saw this up for sale at the dealership I bought my 200 from. They don't really know land cruisers and must have accidentally gotten this but either way its a '17 brand new old stock in Black on Black for 71k. Been priced this way for at least a few days. If it were white over brown I'd probably have traded my '13 for it already.

For what it's worth they were quite pleasant to work with other than not really knowing anything about the truck. Finance was real easy, great rate, single credit pull, fair on my trade, etc....

New 2017 Toyota Land Cruiser For Sale | Ottawa IL | JTMCY7AJ5H4049348

Let me know if I'm off on this but I was under the impression these things are selling at or very near MSRP which is 86k for a new '18 with rear screens (which I know most don't want, but none the less...)

AHHH s***!!! Just scrolled all the pictures and these clowns have it posted as new but there's 8k miles on it... Probably owners demo or something but still. NOT the deal I thought it was. Sorry!

I got my '18LC for 77k so this only is 6k cheaper, but you do get the screens plus no auto-rear upper hatch! 71k is an okay start to negotiate down a little further, make it a cpo, etc...

I thought that Mr T won't let Dealers call it new if it has more than 7,500 miles.

I got my '18LC for 77k so this only is 6k cheaper, but you do get the screens plus no auto-rear upper hatch! 71k is an okay start to negotiate down a little further, make it a cpo, etc...

I thought that Mr T won't let Dealers call it new if it has more than 7,500 miles.

My understanding is that its all contingent around the vehicle's registration. If its never retailed/ registered/ leaves the dealers inventory, can still be called new. IIRC that's the technicality that allows them to be sold as new with X thousands of miles after several years.

My understanding is that its all contingent around the vehicle's registration. If its never retailed/ registered/ leaves the dealers inventory, can still be called new. IIRC that's the technicality that allows them to be sold as new with X thousands of miles after several years.

If that is the case than whoever buys this car should get something in writing saying that their warranty is 3 years/36,000 miles from today with 8,000 miles on the clock. While you may be right, I'm skeptical that Mr. T would let a dealer put as many miles as they want on a car and still sell it as new. Just imagine if it had 37k rather than just 8k miles...

If that is the case than whoever buys this car should get something in writing saying that their warranty is 3 years/36,000 miles from today with 8,000 miles on the clock. While you may be right, I'm skeptical that Mr. T would let a dealer put as many miles as they want on a car and still sell it as new. Just imagine if it had 37k rather than just 8k miles...

I believe some car sites have discussed this. Usually has to do with "halo" cars, limited editions, or such vehicles in those examples that are worth more in the showroom than sold outright.

As I understand, the challenge is that the 36k/3yr example warranty is a manufacturer policy and I'm not so sure that the dealer has any authority to supersede that end date or mileage term outside of maybe an extended warranty of some kind. There's another factor also- When a car is sold, the dealership sends the retail delivery reports to the manufacturer so it can start the warranty count for miles and time. Did they do that? I don't know. If they did, then the warranty clock is already ticking down.

Mine was similar to that scenario. My 2014 wasn’t titled till 12.5k miles in 2015. The warranty still ran out at 36k just like every other Toyota.

I believe how it went was that the 36 month period doesn’t start till the first title but the miles are concrete. 0-36k are warrantied - 36,001 it stops whether it was “new” at 0 or 35,999.

Same situation for us. We were initially looking at the Sequoia Platinum and loaded Chevy Tahoe this past summer which both were pricing out in the low $60Ks for 17’s. We found a 16’ LC with 500 miles for $70K which was never titled. As a result, we were able to take advantage of the trade-in sales tax benefit and the Section 179 Tax Deduction since it’s a company vehicle for my wife’s business. Both of these tax benefits apply to “new” vehicles (never titled). Although the model year was almost 2 years old, we purchased $17K off sticker ($87K); only paid sales tax on difference between new vehicle and trade-in; and able to deduct most of the purchase price off our gross income. Addititionally, the full factory warranty started the day we purchased since it was never titled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom