Maul Criuser........ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Odd, isn't it.

Photo-less update.

Under-hood issues:
Valvecover gasket, spark plug tube seals, spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, distributor o-ring, PCV valve, grommet, ventilation hoses, air intake hose, radiator hoses, all coolant hoses, thermostat, gasket, starter (replaced with a 93-only 2.2kw 28100-66050) alternator, belts, fan clutch, air filter and some snazzy paint for a few bits (Sarah wants it to have her "touch").... :lol:

Chassis:
OME 850J and 863J (supplied by Beno and I was told that they were originally Junk's springs :eek: ) Trunk Monkey's 1.5 inch front spacers, 10mm rear packers. Christo's front and rear swaybar drops, caster bushings and adjustable rear panhard rod. OME "L" shocks, new OEM rear bump stops and OEM extended brake hoses (the rear and LH front are T100 pieces and the RH front is 2007 Tundra), OME steering stabilizer, locked-up viscus coupler removed from transfer case and tossed into the bushes off to the side of the carport.

On order, (5) Dunlop Radial Mud Rover 315/75/16 tires.

Body:
Remaining :)lol:) flares removed and tossed into the bushes off to the side of the carport, My one-off Stout Equipment front bumper attached, POS roof rack to be removed and roof rust to be repaired, multiple lightbulbs replaced, running boards removed and tossed into the bushes off to the side of the carport.

On order, Metaltech sliders.

Interior:
Multiple dash lights replaced, front door speakers, added Husky Liners throughout, CB radio, center difflock switch and 7-pin mod (a personal favorite ;) ) , new driver's sun visor, fuse box cover, driver's door weatherstrip.

Photo-less update.

Under-hood issues:
Valvecover gasket, spark plug tube seals, spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, distributor o-ring, PCV valve, grommet, ventilation hoses, air intake hose, radiator hoses, all coolant hoses, thermostat, gasket, starter (replaced with a 93-only 2.2kw 28100-66050) alternator, belts, fan clutch, air filter and some snazzy paint for a few bits (Sarah wants it to have her "touch").... :lol:

Chassis:
OME 850J and 863J (supplied by Beno and I was told that they were originally Junk's springs :eek: ) Trunk Monkey's 1.5 inch front spacers, 10mm rear packers. Christo's front and rear swaybar drops, caster bushings and adjustable rear panhard rod. OME "L" shocks, new OEM rear bump stops and OEM extended brake hoses (the rear and LH front are T100 pieces and the RH front is 2007 Tundra), OME steering stabilizer, locked-up viscus coupler removed from transfer case and tossed into the bushes off to the side of the carport.

Body:
Remaining :)lol:) flares removed and tossed into the bushes off to the side of the carport, My one-off Stout Equipment front bumper attached, POS roof rack to be removed and roof rust to be repaired, multiple lightbulbs replaced, running boards removed and tossed into the bushes off to the side of the carport.

On order, Metaltech sliders.

Interior:
Multiple dash lights replaced, front door speakers, added Husky Liners throughout, CB radio, center difflock switch and 7-pin mod (a personal favorite ;) ) , new driver's sun visor, fuse box cover, driver's door weatherstrip.

Hilarious. When I asked him the other day if he was doing anything to the truck, he said "Yes, I replaced the sun visor."

I can be when I'm up to my arse in aligators.......:frown:

I can be when I'm up to my arse in aligators.......:frown:

Yeah I think you were swamped Wend, I tried to call for most of the day, got you at about 4 and you were quick and to the point..........I got what I needed, well at least its on its way..........:hillbilly:

OEM extended brake hoses (the rear and LH front are T100 pieces and the RH front is 2007 Tundra)

Hey Dan, how much longer are these lines?

Sounds like there is a potential goldmine of parts in those bushes :D

They are about 2 and 1/2 inches longer.

This thread has all kinds of worth, even without pics.:)

There are a bunch of pics on my wife's snazzy camera and she hasn't downloaded them yet. She won't let me touch her camera.............:eek:

I was just going to ask if you would politely post the brake line part numbers when I realized that I would order them from you anyhow. I was, however, considering a junkyard hunt. Could you give me the years of T100 those came from? There's a rollover or two round here to scavenge from.

The T100 hose is 93-94 rear axle. That fits on the Cruiser rear and, I believe, the left front. The Tundra hose is a 2007-8 front hose and, again, I believe it will work on the right front.

I have confirmed fitment of the rear hose but I am still waiting for the Tundra hose to come in before I break open the front lines. Once I confirm fitment I will post that and the part numbers.

Thanks! I have this thing against bling, especiallly on the underside. The brakes all around are currently 2nd on the "To-Do" list, as she pulls a bit and one rotor is warped. Longer OEM hoses would be cool.

Photo-less update.

Chassis:

Hey Dan -

Sounds good - you've been busy! I'm looking forward to seeing Sarah's truck in Moab.

Are you planning to run stock gears in the axles? Forgive me if I missed that discussion somewhere. I like the 4.88s with my 315 tires, but maybe you're already planning something like that down the road.

Keep up the good work - Moab will be here shortly! :cheers:

Evan

Beno and I pulled the locker rear diff out of the 94 last night and it's in beautiful condition. Due to that I am leaving it as a 4.10 for the time being. After sliders, my cash outlay for repair parts, suspension parts and tyres is approaching 3,000 bucks so I need to give my billfold a chance to catch it's breath....:lol:

Time for a very tardy update.

Cruise Moab went very well and the truck and driver performed flawlessly. Sarah ran Poision Spider and Metal Masher with only a rear locker and no sliders. She came out clean and she took all the hard lines.
Copy of san carlos 2008 013.jpg
Copy of san carlos 2008 012.jpg
Copy of STICKERS1.jpg

Last edited:
Here are a few pics of some of the work:
beno1.jpg
beno2.jpg
Copy of IMGP4519.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom