Matching 92 interior

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

huddleston

GOLD Star
Threads
I am preparing to refresh the interior on my 80 and my rig has been blessed with the lovely blue/gray cloth.

I would like to keep the color the same, but am struggling with finding replacement seat covers, door panels, carpet etc.

Land Cruiser Heaven has grey carpet and cloth seat covers that look close, but I am concerned these may be more gray that the door panels I have in my rig.

If finding the blue replacement pieces is too much I am certainly not opposed to going to grey. Anyone run into a similar problem on their 80?

Interior trim items for any 27-year-old vehicle will be scarce. In this case you have a vehicle with a total import number of 16,311 (combined interior colors) units over a two year period. You will be extremely fortunate to find anything for it, in any color.

That's cool, so my 91 is 1 out of 16311?

I bought carpet from @dnp which very closely matches the color and texture of our carpets.

Regarding seats, my seat condition gets better the further back you go - my fronts are bad, my middle is OK, and my rears are pristine. I intend to bring my rears and fronts to an upholstery shop and see if they can make the rear seat fabric work on the front. I haven't done it yet, but that's my intent.

I bought carpet from @dnp which very closely matches the color and texture of our carpets.

Regarding seats, my seat condition gets better the further back you go - my fronts are bad, my middle is OK, and my rears are pristine. I intend to bring my rears and fronts to an upholstery shop and see if they can make the rear seat fabric work on the front. I haven't done it yet, but that's my intent.
Excellent idea! There also seem to be folks on mud that could source good condition rear seats, too, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom