SOLD [Massachusetts] 1998 Toyota Land Cruiser

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Please read the ad before contacting me for further information.

The truck as it sits has 184,234 miles, and I am the third owner. It's in fair shape and I am selling it as is, to be further fixed up and flipped/driven, or used as a project. Truck starts up first turn, idles great, doesn't leak anything, and drives. Interior and Body are in decent shape. Along with factory options, it has the factory rear E-Locker and rear heat.

Maintenance within the last year/15k miles:
-OEM Timing Belt
-OEM Water Pump
-OEM Serpentine Belt
-OEM Upper Radiator Hose + Clamps
-(1) OEM Fuel Line
-(1) OEM O2 Sensor
-(1) Exhaust Pipe Gasket
-Oil change every 5k using Mobil1 or AmsOil 5W-30 Synthetic
-OEM Spark Plugs
-OEM Air Filter
-Checked all Vacuum Hoses
-Cleaned Throttle Body and MAF Sensor
-OEM Radiator Cap
-OEM Heater Tees
-Front, Rear Differential, and Transfer Case Fluid swapped with AmsOil Synthetic, and Fill/Drain Plugs Replaced with Wits End S/S Hardware

Misc.:
-Removed Running Boards (believe I still have them)
-Removed 3rd Row Seats (in storage)
-Replaced Front/Rear Wipers
-Replaced Oil Drain Plug with a Fumoto Oil Drain Valve
-WeatherTech Front Mats
-Replaced Low Beams with HIR2 Bulbs
-Front Windows Tinted to 35%
-(4) New 285/75/16 Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws + 2 Valve Stems Replaced
-YotaMD Key Fob
Have several parts I haven't gotten around to replacing that will go with the truck to the new owner, unless I get around to installing them, I also have brief CarFax history, and I have documentation of when and at which mile each of the above was completed. Most work has been done by me.

Known Issues:
-CEL on for P0136 and P0156 (O2 Sensors) - Truck is Emissions Exempt in MA
-SRS Light on for Passenger Seatbelt Tensioner (IIRC) -Truck is exempt from this in MA
-Brake and Suspension work is necessary at some point
-Front D/S CV Axle leaking grease slightly
-Rust issues, the worst of which being the rear, and front sway bar mounts. The body and tailgate have zero to minimal rust, the only spot of concern would be where the rear wheel well/rocker panel meet on the passenger side

Title status as of today is lien. Serious buyers can discuss options with me.

Price now is $4,500, or best offer. I'm extremely reluctant to post this for sale, and I really don't want to, but circumstantially I have to. If you need more information or photos or want to discuss the truck ad nauseam, shoot me a PM.

Thanks

20190428_104729.jpg

20190428_105442.jpg

20190428_104709.jpg

20190428_104657.jpg

20190428_104739.jpg

Last edited:
Bump, listing edited for clarity to state that all work listed has been completed since ~170K Miles/Within the last year, including the 90k Service.

Vehicle unfortunately sold if an admin can or wants to delete the thread. For those interested, it sold for $4,200.

Thanks

Thanks for offering it here with such a straightforward description.

Hope you get another somewhere along the way.

Thanks for offering it here with such a straightforward description.

Hope you get another somewhere along the way.

Absolutely. I appreciate any and all interested from those who considered it. Really wish I could have sold to a member here, and all together wish I didn't have to sell. But I'll absolutely have another LC some day.

Congrats on the sale buddy, hope you are happy with what you got for it. It won't be long before you go through withdrawal and end up with another hundy, took me a month then the itch was too bad and i had to buy another one. Next time get one somewhere south :)

Congrats on the sale buddy, hope you are happy with what you got for it. It won't be long before you go through withdrawal and end up with another hundy, took me a month then the itch was too bad and i had to buy another one. Next time get one somewhere south :)

Thanks! Bummed I didn't have the opportunity to do much with her, but there's others out there, and down south for sure. Might take a dive into Tacoma/Pickup territory before going full blown LC again, but who knows!

Thanks! Bummed I didn't have the opportunity to do much with her, but there's others out there, and down south for sure. Might take a dive into Tacoma/Pickup territory before going full blown LC again, but who knows!

Yeah you don't want to put money into a truck that badly rusted, let me know if you find one in VA or somewhere close to me i'll do an inspection for you, VA trucks aren't too bad, it's anything north of MD is where it gets bad

Yeah you don't want to put money into a truck that badly rusted, let me know if you find one in VA or somewhere close to me i'll do an inspection for you, VA trucks aren't too bad, it's anything north of MD is where it gets bad

Absolutely will, and I appreciate it. I have a buddy in MD who is on the look out as well, and I'll probably stay on the East Coast if I get one anytime soon, just a bit easier to get back home and I'm more familiar with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom