Mark's Off Road Warehouse Fire Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for another update. We got rained out of our Saturday morning bicycle ride, so my buddy came over to the shop and helped me take down the last of the fluorescents in the main room. Tuesday morning I converted the hardwire tie in from the old lights to an outlet for the HF single bulb LEDs.

Voila!
36E836DD-845C-41C4-BC72-F6BC5B7AC787.jpeg

In other news, I have determined that the on site celebration is going to have to be invitation only. I will apologize now for any of my friends who end up being left off the list, but logistically, I cannot handle a true open house.

What everyone WILL be able to participate in is getting a new, commemorative t shirt! I have talked with a local screener about shirts, and will probably place an order shortly after the 15th of the month. Plan is for a gross to start, 80XL, 40L and 24M. If I need to make changes, the only way I will know is if YOU LET ME KNOW. I can certainly order 2XL and 3XL during the initial run, But it may be hard afterwards.

Cost of the shirts in the standard sizes will probably be $12.

This just in: my granddaughter is recovering from skull surgery. She was diagnosed late last year with a condition of her cranial plates fusing together prematurely, which will not leave enough room for her brain as she grows, and could lead to developmental issues. So consultations started about how best to split her head back open (don’t you love my lack of medical jargon!) and yesterday she went under the knife.

The kids texted last evening to say everything went well. Before and after shots of our little trooper:
73B9DAFA-B971-4290-B643-14FEFB64D13A.jpeg
31E26CBC-4A1D-4EA0-B757-4B833796436F.jpeg

Last edited:
mark, our thoughts n prayers go out to you n family. 🙏

Thanks. It is a heavier burden than any of us realized. We are all feeling the pressure of the situation differently. All trying to shore each other up. In the week leading up to the surgery, we were all just saying ‘it’s going to be alright’ and not let each other know the extent of our worry.

My daughter is so much like me, and let herself get overwhelmed with work, the same problem I am going through presently. We got together last Saturday as a nuclear family to celebrate my wife’s 60th birthday. By the time we parted company my daughter was a nervous wreck, and I sat in my truck and bawled like I havent cried for years.

Right now Olivia has two black eyes and cannot open them. She can hear her parents in the room with her but cannot see them. The doctors are saying this is somewhat normal in the aftermath of this kind of surgery. But we are all on pins and needles while we try to go through our normal routines while waiting to hear that she can see again.

Last edited:
Being able to hear her parents and grandparents I'm sure is more of a comfort to her than you realize. She is in the best place she can be now on her way to recovery. I'm sure she's getting stronger everyday. Wishing her the best!!!

Jeepers, Mark. I can only imagine what the whole family is going through.

Wishing you all strength and courage to get through the challenging times, especially little LAZER BEAN!

mark, just read through all 32 pages, holy$h!t!!!! that's one mothering roller coaster ride. our early life story lines are almost parallel re: father/son $h!t. my hats off to your tenacity. in finnish it's called sisu, n you have it in spades
the picture of olivia n you punched the 8+10 yrs back button on the time machine for me. both of my daughters say "you want to see dad turn in to a bowl of mush? just put a baby girl in his arms"
treasure her n you'll be a rock star in her world
prayers out to you + yours sir

Wow. Don't know what to say, Mark. I'm thinking of you all. I hope she recovers quickly.

:(

Wow. Don't know what to say, Mark. I'm thinking of you all. I hope she recovers quickly.

:(

Yup Alfred. I was muddling through yesterday in a kind of ok way when my daughter sent me a picture of Olivia that turned my stomach in knots. Something out of a zombie movie, that looks like it was done with an industrial sewing machine. :eek: :eek: :eek: No one should have to see anything that horrible. And to think it was done by a plastic surgeon to increase the odds of her head healing normally seems counterintuitive.

Wow Mark I can only imagine. I pray that the worst is over, and admire you and your families courage at this concerning time.

Mike

Half a tear of joy: my daughter sent a short video of Olivia in her rolling chair at home, squealing with delight in the normalcy of being home with everything she knows. She has one eye half open.

Who knew normal could be so awesome.

Somebody is really happy her second eye is opening. Actually, a lot of somebodys are.
BCAD6892-BBF0-489E-9A55-7A2A865B50C3.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom