Markings on OEM Head Gasket? 3FE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there,
I recently ordered a OEM master kit for my 3FE, but the box was damaged/opened/retaped, all the small bags were also opened, and the kit was obviously many years old. There was damage to a number of gaskets. PN on the box was 04111-61052.

OK, all that aside, pretty sure the vendor will reship another replacement kit, but what marking should the OEM HG have on it? This one only had 4 digits, 8369 or something similar stamped into the fiber gasket material on the far end. No TEQ, toyota, or other references. No markings on the metallic portions.

Debating whether I want a replacement or a refund. With all the bags opened, and some small pieces missing, I'm wondering how likely it is that the kit is all OEM vs some parts selectively removed, replaced, or lost.

I know the OEM kit has been unavailable for at least a year and a half, maybe quite a bit longer. Cdan wasn't able to get one for me last January for my 3FE rebuild. At least back then all of the gaskets and seals were available individually.

Agreed. That's the timing when I recall hearing they were NLA as well. This vendor has these OEM kits in stock, but the part number seems to be from another country. Not sure on that though. And sub $400/each, which was less than all the gaskets individually. Who knows, I may end up going that route again. They have yet to respond to my replacement request.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom