For Sale Market Value question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm a long time member and wheeler, but life is changing, and I have a question about market value for my '76 FJ-40 wheeling rig, so this is a feeler. It comes with all of the typical scratches and dings that a used wheeler gets - runs great and will most likely be at GSMTR and CoalMine this year

'76 tub w hand bent front tube fenders and rear IPOR steel flares & under skids, steel squaretube sliders
350 TBI, autometer gauges, full cage, half doors, bikini top, seats&harnesses, etc
Springover, 39.5 pitbulls on raceline beads in vgood shape 5xwheels&tires
60 axles chromoly all the way around (long fronts hub to hub), spare chromoly set for front, wheel spacers
ARB air lockers f&r
marlin 4.7
8274 on custom bumper
bunch of other stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting, along w spares and associated crap

Pics will definitely give us a better look as to how to assess the value. I can say that the wheeler market has taken a big hit in the last few years. I myself will always have a soft spot for well built wheeling rigs, but it seems the purists are leading the pack when talking real value on TLC's. Your market will be smaller, but you still have a market as long as it's priced reasonably. The current FJ40 market is completely out of whack. Check out CL and the average price is about $20k for a rig that was worth $5k a few years ago. The web has made it a joke since you see the same rigs for sale for months and months and even years. I feel like it will adjust soon, and come back down to a realistic market.

It looks to already be adjusting. It seems like you just have to find the right buyer. If I was in the market for one I would want a SBC or LS in it. Others are totally against it unless its original Toyota stuff. Start at whatever price you think it's worth and go from there.

If it's the one in your avatar, might wanna leave that pic out of the listing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom