Events/Trails March 19-21: Two Night (one if you prefer) Club Campout in Dixie Valley (1 Viewer)

Attending?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

With chukar season over....there will be no one out there. Only traffic on the turn off from 50 will be ranchers or Ormat workers.

I think I was able to reschedule a CCW renewal to an earlier date so I may be in too...but in the Friday night arrival group. I've done a bit of chukar hunting in some of the canyons on the north west end of Dixie Valley closer to the lake/swamp, as well as traveled the entire road on the east end of the valley. That road is a washboard and washout nightmare BTW. Will be hell for any front solid axle truck. Lots to explore out there.
We can caravan Friday after work if you want.

We can caravan Friday after work if you want.

That would work. I have a late day Friday and don't finish until 5 but can have the truck packed and leave straight from the office. Dixie Valley turn off is usually 90 minutes from Reno, probably another 20-30 min to the camp site depending on location.

It sounds like others may be interested in a later Friday departure too.

Alright I got a bunch of waypoints and routes plotted thanks to @skidooman! We should have plenty to explore for the weekend. If anyone's feeling particularly daring and adventurous, I plotting a 78 mile all offroad route from Hwy 50 to the NE rim of Walker Lake and on into Hawthorn for some "runs" burgers and fuel.

I dubbed the Purple Trail with the campsite icon "Lasso Trail" and will get you to the campsite from Hwy 121 (50 E to 121 North to 39.53826, -118.15333).

There is fuel in Fallon to the West, Lovelock to the NW (accessible from the top of the northern trail system), and Middle Gate Station to the East.

1615130500929.png

Looks good! Im running the "lasso trail" today with a few guys. I'll try to take some photos and let you know if we find any trouble.

@Tony_Farson If you go straight to camp from 121, it's a good bladed road. I wouldn't want to drag that thing anywhere else though.

Yeah the thought is that I'll go straight there, setup camp then go explore.

As much as I would like to go on this run and do a campout seeing as I will be gone the following weekend I just cant pull double-duty.
Have fun you guys, keep the tracks up as I may go explore with my buddy and his WJ out there. Be safe.

I checked the BLM sight and didn't see any campfire restrictions so I am planning on bringing wood and will use my portable fire pit for grilling.

I am probably going to sit this one out. Its not the cold so much but the drive getting there👹. I would enjoy sitting around a campfire for sure and the stars are going to be amazing. I also want to get out in that country to do some Chuker scouting. Hopefully Kruzer 🐕will be somewhat ready by the time hunting season comes along. Keep an eye out for me on those pesky birds. And maybe some Quail in the bottoms. Sorry I'm gonna miss this one.:confused:

My FJ55 is having fuel delivery issues when driving at freeway speed. Trying to get addressed but will have to drop out if don’t get fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom