Marathon Seat Covers +Review (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks @Will Van. I forgot it was you who posted that!! I was ready to get brown tuff ducks until I saw your review. I emailed them and sent your pics just to see if they would mind verifying color before I placed an order. They wouldn’t. They do have something on the site about ordering a complete set because of matching dye’s. But there seems to be an extreme variance between the brown color in their website photos, other people’s pictures on here, and what you received. A little too much of a difference which made me lose confidence.

Marathon had color samples in my mailbox in less than a week and said the seats would be from the same material roll as any of the samples.

Last edited:
I installed a set of manual seats from a 1994 into my 1996 fzj80 and wanted to protect them so I began the search for seat covers. I wasn’t a huge fan of the tuffduck color choices and the gt seat covers I have in my t100 just didn’t do it for me. There are a few threads which were very complimentary of marathon seat covers but I couldn’t find any great pictures of them in an 80 and the ones I did see were for gray interiors. I ordered dark tan and coyote color samples Thinking they’d be the closest. Not long after their customer service emailed me saying they were including coffee because it was a popular brown. I settled on dark tan for my cruiser. Here are the three color samples compared to oak and tan from my 96 and a dark brown center console from an earlier 80 sitting on a seat covered in their dark tan.

View attachment 1820603

View attachment 1820604

View attachment 1820606

I've had mine in for 3 yrs and 70K miles. I love them.

They hold up well to dogs claws, mud, hair, and general kid tracked dirt. I have pulled them off and thrown them in the washer and they came out just like new (I rolled up the Velcro like they recommend and air dried them). They are not cheap, but they do wear well.

Here is what they look like on the LX power seats. I did get the "gun loops" and they make good towel, pillow, blanket holders for the backseat passengers.

View attachment 1821065
View attachment 1821066

View attachment 1821067

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on these Marathon covers as a Christmas gift to myself. Quick question - I noticed both of you have armrest cutouts on your second row seats. Was that an option you added at checkout? Or did the 2nd row kit automatically come with the armrest covers?

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on these Marathon covers as a Christmas gift to myself. Quick question - I noticed both of you have armrest cutouts on your second row seats. Was that an option you added at checkout? Or did the 2nd row kit automatically come with the armrest covers?

It comes with it.

It comes with it.

Thank you. Their website is really confusing because it asks if you want armrest covers as an option. But the basic 2nd row kit appears to include the center arm rest covers anyway. So I'm not sure why you would need that option?

Regardless, thanks for clarifying!

Thank you. Their website is really confusing because it asks if you want armrest covers as an option. But the basic 2nd row kit appears to include the center arm rest covers anyway. So I'm not sure why you would need that option?

Regardless, thanks for clarifying!

Will, I may have lied. I looked at my invoice when I replied and it looked like it was all included. going to the site it’s an add on. You may want to call and verify. Sorry about the confusion.

I received an email from marathon with a 15% off code with free shipping. If anyone is going to order I’ll send you the code. I’m unsure of the expiration date.

Just got mine installed the other day! Wish I would have held out for the code.

In regards to the Marathon covers - I love the color! The cut is pretty good. I wish the headrests fit a little better. And the holes for the headrest pins should be double stitched I think. But overall the fit is better than SOR. The SOR covers were just a little thicker material, which is probably more durable.

Overall though I prefer my Marathon seat covers to the SOR.

60-CBC51-E-6-DE8-4-FF4-8-E10-86430423-BE44.jpg

223-EFA14-3-DB7-4-AE6-8-A3-A-2187-C5-D714-C7.jpg

In regards to the Marathon covers - I love the color! The cut is pretty good. I wish the headrests fit a little better. And the holes for the headrest pins should be double stitched I think. But overall the fit is better than SOR. The SOR covers were just a little thicker material, which is probably more durable.

60-CBC51-E-6-DE8-4-FF4-8-E10-86430423-BE44.jpg

223-EFA14-3-DB7-4-AE6-8-A3-A-2187-C5-D714-C7.jpg

When I ordered they were not aware there was a difference between the size and shape of a manual seat headrest compared to electric seat headrests. They only had dimensions on the larger electric seat headrests so the headrest covers I originally received didn’t fit well. I shipped them my manual seat headrest and all four covers and they measured and recut new covers. They fit well now and marathon probably has a template.
If you want to call and inquire I would be happy to send you an email with the Contact info of the salesperson who helped me.

Which color did you order?
They take some massaging to get most of the wrinkles out.

Adding, my 2 cents. Ordered a set back in November and finally got around to installing. The passenger seat bottom (center console side) velcro is not long enough to connect on my set. Waiting to here back from marathon

Adding, my 2 cents. Ordered a set back in November and finally got around to installing. The passenger seat bottom (center console side) velcro is not long enough to connect on my set. Waiting to here back from marathon

I had a similar issue with mine. My hand wasn't small enough to get the velcro strap under the passenger seat with the rear heater in the way. I've deleted my rear heater lines, so I'll probably just pull the seat out and remove the heater.

Let us know what Marathon says.

After looking at it again today in the sun, I was able to slide the strap through the plastic molding by the seat belt connector and made it reach the back velcro. Not sure what I was doing before. They Look good and most of the wrinkles are out.

Can confirm high quality fabric, and the fit on mine is pretty spot on now.

I bought Marathon covers for my LX right after I got it because the seats were in great shape and I wanted to keep them that way. I've never regretted it. I live just a few miles from their shop/factory and they let me take all of their samples out to my truck to compare. I did the same for my new Tacoma. If you take the time to do the initial install right, they'll never budge. Not only is their product fantastic, their customer service is top notch too. BTW, spend the extra $ for the front pocket, you'll be glad you did!

Got my Marathons on a 15% off deal and installed in the 2nd row to protect against two kiddos with car seats. Got the tan, love the color, blends in nicely. Passenger seat Velcro strap was in the wrong spot, sent it back on their dime and they fixed it right up so it’s perfect now. Great product, great customer service. Thanks for the link @ERG80 you sent back in March, without the thread bump I never would have seen these nor got the discount!

Code 15memorial20 will get you 15% off on he marathon site.

Anyone install a set of Grey? They have two color options and wanted to see which one was closest to OEM?

Anyone install a set of Grey? They have two color options and wanted to see which one was closest to OEM?
Not sure on the color match. But Marathon is super-cool. They will send you swatch samples so you can match it perfectly.

@NYIronPig I have grey. I think I put pictures in my thread; my "new" fzj80 or I scratched the 80 itch.

If anyone is thinking about buying:

BB42ED74-0BA2-4C7D-A5A5-FB922CC77E80.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom