Mackenzie Expedition 2010 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Some of the problems we encountered::bang:

Drew - broken side mirrors, busted right front parking light assembly, rock stuck in brake caliper, tree rash, chainsaw, winch solenoids.
Gary - bad lower rad hose, worn out U-joint, tree rash, chainsaw, freezer special diode fuse.
Mat - dent Left Rear quarter panel, alternator voltage reg, small tire sidewall cut, mirror, tree rash, chainsaw, shock absorber mount.
Grant - busted trailer hitch, tree rash.
Ronald - CB radio quit, tree rash.
Glenn - chainsaw, tree rash, shock adjuster, tail light.
Bill - winch jammed, tree rash.
Fred McIntosh - slow vehicle traffic blocking trail, loco weed. :mad:

Last edited:
Actually if we total the entire trip including the parts that were after the MacKenzie then we can add my other mirror to the list, along with making Drew's existing damaged light worse. For the record, the Shock absorber, Voltage regulator and dent occured off the Mackenzie trail, and the small tire scratch is not even worth counting - no air loss!....and I regret washing my truck today :eek::doh:

Well my Chainsaw is fine but my Lock'n Roll tailor hitch assembly got damaged a day or two after Grant's failed.

Fire's what Fires...
1-July 29th - Heading back to Quesnel with Grant's tailor, apparently it crossed the road after Grant went by about an hour earlier
2-August 5th - Heading East on Hwy 20 2:00 PM
IMG_1584.jpg
IMG_1734.jpg

Got this Email from Robbie Phillips this morning inquiring about Mike, I let him know that the last we saw of him was on the 3ed before he entered Tweedsmuir Provincial Park. If anyone hears from him please let me know ASAP and I will update Rob.

++++
Hi Drew

When you guys left here did you ever see the guy with the horse again??
I have been getting phone call from people wondering where he is. There is
a guy sitting in Bella Coola where the trail hits high way 20 but still know
sign of him as of last night.

Did you guys make it out ok? with out any break downs?

Thanks
Rob

That's not your alternator, I hope, Glenn?

~John

No - but I tore off a rear shock adjuster (should mount toward spring) and busted my rear right tail light, plus a few other minor things ...

You should make some dash plaques, or similar. These don't have to go on your dash, my roll around is covered in dash plaques. Stickers would be cool as well

Nice photos so far, looking forward to the rest.
Umm, don't you usually put on the stickers and logos before/at the event? ;p

Talked to Mike Beech today, he is doing well and informed me that the trail through Tweedsmuir was very rough. It looks like there hasn't been a person on it in a long time. Not recommended for horse travel either as it has many very steep sections and drop offs. Luckily he was going down hill on those but if he were to travel the other way he would not have made it. Lots of windfall trees and debris. He thanks us all for the hospitality and help and is going to be in touch with me when he returns from Ontario.

On the not so happy side of life, the fires are getting very close to the Phillips ranch area, I really hope they are ok and not in danger.

Awesome Trip Guys!

A couple of pictures to show you the fun we had

We had to leave early because of a trailer hitch that was not up to par. We want to go back and do it again. Next time I want to do some fishing and exploring.
Thanks guys we both enjoyed ourselves and really liked the camaraderie.

Grant & Wendy:clap:
Fred MacIntosh and his friend.jpg
Drew piloting FJ & Boat.jpg

Looks like the PG iclick crew (with Mike Allen) drove through the trail just behind you guys. Looks like bad news though as it seems the fire followed them through there and burnt down the lodge. We were going to go in with my PG buddy Sept. Long, but looks like we gotta look for something else to do.
Cheers,
Deny

Login

Which lodge burned down? the abandoned Alexander MacKenzie Lodge or another? What where they running the trail with? We heard from the Phillips lodge where we stayed for one night that there was a large group of people on dirt bikes following us.

Mackenzie Lodge, aparently they stayed there a night, so I don't know if it was abandonded or not, you would have to look on the thread, they posted tons of pictures, so you may know. They went in with a suzuki samuri, a toyota 4 runner, a suzuki grand viatra, and a Jeep rubicon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom