LX570 Tow Report

Discussion in '200-Series Cruisers' started by TeCKis300, Aug 12, 2017.

1. jkilcullen

jkilcullen

Starting to wonder if this is the only way my 200 will join on our long term family camp adventures... Currently rocking a Diesel Pusher and begging for someone to pioneer the ability to flat tow the 200 without driveshaft disconnects. (IE a transfer case swap or mod with a true neutral like my 80 and the 100 have) Currently flat tow my 80 and it's been great so far but considering eliminating it from my fleet as this is the only time it's really been used the last 2 years. Good to know the 200 will tow a sizeable trailer safely and enjoyably if that's the direction we end up going. Thanks a ton for sharing everyone! Pic of our current setup just for grins :) Bus and 80.jpg

TeCKis300 likes this.
  2. TonyP

TonyP GOLD Star

Nice Newmar! If I could flattow I'd snag one of those. Looks like the only option is unbolting drive shafts. Or getting a dolly so you only have one driveshaft to disconnect? Either way, yeah, kinda sucks.

3. TeCKis300

TeCKis300

Media:
    Beautiful setup! I've rented a class A for a trip prior. That's definitely the way to go for extended road travels as the comfort level is unrivaled.

I'll be the first to admit that Airstream travel trailers are not for everyone. While they have aesthetic charm and long term durability, I consider them best as a 2-seasons camper. Aluminum is much better known for its heat conductance rather than insulating qualities. Space and storage is a premium, so box style trailers have that advantage, not to mention slides!

jkilcullen likes this.
  4. jkilcullen

jkilcullen

Thanks! And yea... I will keep the 80 or tow the wifes JK (ugh) before messing around with driveshafts or dollys. I have towed in an enclosed and that isn't so bad for long trips with a single destination and has the added benefit of additional storage. But for the kind of trips we usually take, which are more expo :eek: LOL as expo as you can be in one of these things... With lots of stops, boondocking and small rv parks where we spend a couple days and use the truck for exploring the local area it's just too much of a hassle with the trailer.

5. GordJ

GordJ

But in the interests of honesty, not much looks better behind the tow vehicle than the classic lines of an Airstream.

TeCKis300 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.