LX570 dealer service - Lexus or Toyota Dealer? (1 Viewer)

LX570 Easy Service - Lexus or Toyota Dealer?

• Lexus Dealer Only

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Toyota Dealer Sometimes!

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Man up and change your own fluids

Votes: 17 53.1%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have brought my LX to the dealer for an AC service that ended up just being a Freon top off for $200 out the door. The only other thing I go to the dealer for is the AHC fluid service. I want it to be on them if anything goes wrong. That was also $200 out the door the last time I had it done which was about 50k ago, so I’m due soonish. Other than that I go to an Indy that is familiar with the LX. In fact, I just had all four brakes and rotors replaced yesterday for $600 parts and labor. Changed all fluids from the front to the back except the AHC for $200 (I provided the amsoil and Toyota fluids.) while it was on the lift I threw on a full set of buds skid plates and he only asked $100 for the 2.5 hours it took us. Find a good Indy guy and you will save lots of money and probably get better work. Having said all that, Lexus has always had top notch service, I e never been up charged or had them try to do unnecessary work and they’ve always given me a loaner without even having to ask (like when I had the seatbelt recall done.) I’ve had to go to a Toyota dealer for an oil change when I was on a road trip and I don’t recommend bothering with them. Next time I’ll just go over the mileage and change the oil when I get home. Good luck, and if you would like to drive to Houston for some service, Ive got a guy for ya.

For me personally, i have zero interest in spending even a minute of my valuable free time working on my Land Cruisers. They are just a tool, a means to an end, to get me to my next adventure. I spent my formative years back on the farm wrenching on machinery constantly, always dreaming of going on an adventure. Now that i can afford to pay my Toyota dealer to do all the work, I do. Other than occasional arrogance, never had an issue with a Toyota dealer doing good work. Lexus dealer experience was better but not a deal breaker.

i used to TRY to get my RX350 serviced at the local dealer.
they said all the lexus parts were re-numbered so that a toyota dealer could not look them up or order them.
SOUNDS like b.s. to me, but i ended driving the darn thing way far away to my lexus dealer i bought it from.

So an oil change, you can probably get away with. much of anything else, and they will be giving you that song and dance

I DID have a local guy, and he did most of the lexus work for me and greatly reduced price!

I have brought my LX to the dealer for an AC service that ended up just being a Freon top off for $200 out the door. The only other thing I go to the dealer for is the AHC fluid service. I want it to be on them if anything goes wrong. That was also $200 out the door the last time I had it done which was about 50k ago, so I’m due soonish. Other than that I go to an Indy that is familiar with the LX. In fact, I just had all four brakes and rotors replaced yesterday for $600 parts and labor. Changed all fluids from the front to the back except the AHC for $200 (I provided the amsoil and Toyota fluids.) while it was on the lift I threw on a full set of buds skid plates and he only asked $100 for the 2.5 hours it took us. Find a good Indy guy and you will save lots of money and probably get better work. Having said all that, Lexus has always had top notch service, I e never been up charged or had them try to do unnecessary work and they’ve always given me a loaner without even having to ask (like when I had the seatbelt recall done.) I’ve had to go to a Toyota dealer for an oil change when I was on a road trip and I don’t recommend bothering with them. Next time I’ll just go over the mileage and change the oil when I get home. Good luck, and if you would like to drive to Houston for some service, Ive got a guy for ya.
I’m in Klein and am thinking of using Clear Choice at the woodlands for my LX. Any thoughts / experience on them?

I use the Lexus dealer for everything on mine. Sometimes I’ll buy the parts and they’ll install.

Best part of a Lexus dealer is the “free” loaner. I hate the logistics of leaving my truck or waiting on an oil change. Give me the loaner and call me when it’s done. I also paid for them to do my ahc fluid at 100k miles. No way I’m gonna DYI or let an indie break that pump to save 50 bucks.

Best part of a Lexus dealer is the “free” loaner. I hate the logistics of leaving my truck or waiting on an oil change. Give me the loaner and call me when it’s done. I also paid for them to do my ahc fluid at 100k miles. No way I’m gonna DYI or let an indie break that pump to save 50 bucks.
lol. Dealers have killed their fair share of 200 series, let alone AHc systems.

Well, I was in the boat of going to a Toyota dealership I trusted, prided themselves on the Land Cruiser knowledge, off-road Toyota knowledge, XYZ, and all had been well until my last visit. What should have been a simple oil change and tire rotation turned into a larger project, and ultimately lost me ever going back to the dealer.

Yeah it really depends where you service. I think if you're near any metro area they've probably seen enough LXs.

I’m in Klein and am thinking of using Clear Choice at the woodlands for my LX. Any thoughts / experience on them?
I’ve never been up there, so no opinion to share. My last AHC flush I went to an indie on the East side that was recommended by a Mud member. I was very happy with his work. (He also installed my winch and some off road lighting for me while he had it.). I think I’m pretty much done with dealers except for a real pinch. Sterling McCall wouldn’t even touch my LX because of the modifications. I stopped in to get a quote for the front suspension spacer install that the indie ended up doing as well.

I’ve never been up there, so no opinion to share. My last AHC flush I went to an indie on the East side that was recommended by a Mud member. I was very happy with his work. (He also installed my winch and some off road lighting for me while he had it.). I think I’m pretty much done with dealers except for a real pinch. Sterling McCall wouldn’t even touch my LX because of the modifications. I stopped in to get a quote for the front suspension spacer install that the indie ended up doing as well.
Can you share the east side indie name? Here or msg me, thanks. I have a new to me 90k LX and want to do a bunch of fluids, etc. and so may get several quotes to compare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom