LX470 to Land Cruiser front end conversion (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We started a project of swapping over the front end of my LX a month ago because of how bad our LX headlight are. Everything swaps over and the wires swap so the connectors work.

20200130_145259.jpg

20200130_145405.jpg

20200130_145330.jpg

20200130_145338.jpg

20200130_145306.jpg

It looks great.

But hang on... You swapped the LC front end because of how bad the lights are?

As in, the light output?

There are way easier ways to improve the LX's light output than replacing the whole front end 😁

It looks great.

But hang on... You swapped the LC front end because of how bad the lights are?

As in, the light output?

There are way easier ways to improve the LX's light output than replacing the whole front end 😁
Light output was poor because the plastic housings were clouded and scratched and the light was refracting back into itself. We had the LC parts anyway so we figured the swap would be the most efficient and free way.

Just out of curiosity, what all did you have to replace/swap?

Just out of curiosity, what all did you have to replace/swap?
We swapped over the headlights, grill, hood, and the bottom trim piece that everything attaches too. And the corner lights and all the wiring connectors

Thread title edited

I like it. Looks great.

How did you handle the LX cladding on the lower section of fender?

Edit... never mind, I guess you didn't have to swap fenders.

We swapped over the headlights, grill, hood, and the bottom trim piece that everything attaches too. And the corner lights and all the wiring connectors

so the radiator support the same I’m assuming? Also the latch point of the hood should be different?

so the radiator support the same I’m assuming? Also the latch point of the hood should be different?
Radiator's the same. Hood latch swapped over with two bolts. The LX actually has the holes molded for the hood latch.

thanks so much! Speeding up the process for me...

now to hunt down the connectors for the lights
The wiring is tricky with the corner lights. The headlight connectors for the high and low beams will swap right over. The Lexus corner light will insert into the LC parking light. We then split the Turn signal to the corner light and to the ARB turn signal.

I tried to send a PM, but maybe you don't accept them?
I'd be interested in the LX470 corner lights, maybe the LX headlights too?

Hi it's a super job congrats!!! And thanks a lot for sharing the data. This is the only thread available in internet on this topic. If you don't mind, could you please post the parts list for this swap ? I am also thinking about such a project. Is that bottom trim is custom made or its available to buy ? Have you done a youtube video on this ? Are these indicators are of LX or LC ?

Screenshot_20200830-084503_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200830-084446_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hi it's a super job congrats!!! And thanks a lot for sharing the data. This is the only thread available in internet on this topic. If you don't mind, could you please post the parts list for this swap ? I am also thinking about such a project. Is that bottom trim is custom made or its available to buy ? Have you done a youtube video on this ? Are these indicators are of LX or LC ?

View attachment 2420460

View attachment 2420461
Bottom trim piece is OEM off a '99 Land Cruiser. Indicators are off of the Land Cruiser as well. Connectors had to be swapped, and some wiring was extended for the bumper turn signals. It will certainly be difficult without having a parts vehicle, but I can try and get a list of everything you need this week
Off the top of my head:
DS headlight
PS headlight
Grill
LC corner lights
bottom trim piece
light connectors
Center support (where the grill bolts into, in front of radiator
hood latch
hood

Users who are viewing this thread

Back