LX470 PPI Issues - Purchase or Keep Looking? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My advice is, spend a little more, on a newer 100 rather than take risk on potential headaches. Find a well maintained, baselined, fully functional with no issues, pay a little more, and spend the free time on doing something else with it. Don't chase after low mileage, chase after conditions.

With being concerned about budget costs, I'm surprised you're not put off by the gas mileage. I bought my LX 5 years ago and put 60k miles on it. I had about 6k in maintenance costs, which included a timing belt. While many components are very robust. I had a couple years that I barely spent any money on it, then I had the opposite. I just sold it for $1k less than I purchased it for. But you can't beat the way the 100 series drives, even with a 2 1/2" lift and over 33" tires.
Hey, thanks for the comment on your experience. I guess I am less concerned about the costs than I made it out to sound earlier. Just wishful thinking.

Have admired these rigs for a while and am excited to get one. Realistically I will probably only put 5k miles on it a year and only take it when I need the cargo space so am not overly concerned about fuel costs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom