LX470 Fusible Link Box and Wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone. Long talk lurker, first time poster. I searched the forums but couldn't find an answer to my current challenges.

I have a 2003 LX470 and the battery died out of the blue yesterday. The truck wouldn't start and took two jump packs connected to crank. I had the battery checked and it was good. So I followed the wiring, and saw the fusible link box off the positive terminal was heavily corroded.

1586645804196.png

1586645830142.png

I took it apart, and the whole part basically disintegrated.

1586645878781.png

I found the fusible link box part (82620-60030) and have that ordered. My question is the wiring coming out of the fuse box. I've managed to free the two to the left in the above picture from the inserts, but the middle one, the plastic connector just crumbled and is still fused to the fusible link.

What is my next course of action? Is there a part number for wiring coming out of the fuse box that connects to the fusible link?

1586646390098.png

Or would I need to replace the whole main junction box?

Any insight appreciated!

1586646392406.png

found a clean picture in this thread.

you could by new connectors to go with your new black..
toyota calls them f15, 16, 17,18 and 19. They are all available from toyota, LExus might call them a different # and letter in lexus wiring book. But they will be the same..

the actual connector part numbers will be 90980-11996, 90980-11881, 90980-11775, 90980-10995, 82675-60050
those are the female ends that go into the fuse block

finding terminals to redo them (re crimp them) will be difficult, repair wires could be ordered. But you need to know what you're ordering. I've not found any toyota parts people of much help.

repair wires for all those, or some of those will be 82998- xxxx numbers, found in the toyota connector manual. That manual is posted online if you search for it. It's too big to be hosted here.

personally I'd cut them all and re do with new ends. In fact, I wouldn't trust any of the ones that you were able to take out cleanly. They really need to be cut back and redone. Cut back as short as possible past any corrosion. The new wires you get would have plenty of slack.

I don't think you want to go into your main fuse box and mess with that grommet they travel into, or lifing up the lower tray of the main box.

this should be an easy fix. But it could take a week or so, if doing yourself. waiting on repair wires, since there is only a few wires I'd bite the bullet and order from toyota. I bet they're at least 20+$ each.
Ill look it up and post a picture

I spoke too soon.
the repair wires aren't available from toyota. Except for one for 90980-10995 , the repair wire number is 82998-12400, Need one.

I realize now the 82675-60050 is a terminal junction, I believe that's just a ring terminal.

the 90980- 11775
- 11996 all do not have repair wires listed. Like they never did exist. They are all 9.5 terminals.

maybe call some junk yard places and ask for the block and connectors, cut where they enter the main fuse box lower panel.
I get very obsessive about about connectors and wire. You could just get some random almost 9.5mm crimps and plug them in, add some electrical tape.
It's irritating that there isn't even a picture of a toyota branded 9.5mm terminal in the book. See if you can get a picture close up of one of the 9.5mm crimps in one of them to compare online with. Also on some of these toyota connectors you'll get a manufacturer name, very small somewhere on it. like TE, amp, yaz,, sumi,, etc, If you buy them.

if you order the connectors once you get them you could look around for the terminals, based on pics and having the connector in your hand. I've done that before. Since they're so big it would be easier. This is where I'd start. But i'd make it drivable first.

they're going to look something like this. if you see toyota 375, that's the same as 9.5mm

it's a very deep rabbit hole.

and yes there probably is a wire harness that has all those coming out of the main fuse box. I couldn't find it.
I would ask if they come with the $500 new fuse box. They could, you never know. I sort of doubt it.

you could ask this guy if he is still around.

Last edited:
Hey Jerry,

Thanks for the searching and links! It took a few hours but I was able to remove the fusible link box from the wires - it was so incredibly corroded that no logos or anything remained as it basically disintegrated. I have no idea how that box got to that point - the truck is a lifetime CA car so no salt, etc.

I've gone down a deep rabbit hole as well trying to find these pieces, and a diagram that actually has connectors and wires - and like you found nothing.

I'll order some connectors and try to match them and move from there. Worst case I'll remove as much corroded wires from the main fuse box outlet, splice in some new wiring, and use those crimp terminal connectors.

look here when you get the toyota connectors. I've found that yazaki is a good bet with bigger gauge wire at times. Their single and double pole housings 58 series look the same and they have unsealed terminals of the 9.5 type and proper gauge wire. idk if they are sealed or unsealed. I didn't take mine apart and can't tell, I might next week when I unhook the battery.
Measure the male tab poking out the bottom of the fusible link part. Should be 9.5mm then you'd know for a fact the females are 11.3mm wide and almost definitely they are yaziki

Hey Jerry,

Thanks for the searching and links! It took a few hours but I was able to remove the fusible link box from the wires - it was so incredibly corroded that no logos or anything remained as it basically disintegrated. I have no idea how that box got to that point - the truck is a lifetime CA car so no salt, etc.

I've gone down a deep rabbit hole as well trying to find these pieces, and a diagram that actually has connectors and wires - and like you found nothing.

I'll order some connectors and try to match them and move from there. Worst case I'll remove as much corroded wires from the main fuse box outlet, splice in some new wiring, and use those crimp terminal connectors.

Old thread, I know, but I'm always fascinating by "odd occurrences" under the hood.

My guess is that, at one point, the vehicle had a either a faulty battery or a charging problem which generated enough hydrogen gas to corrode the terminals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom