LX470 AUX Light with High Beam Cutoff (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in the process of wiring in a LED lightbar to my wife's 2000 LX470. I have the switch wired in, the relay, and I am currently trying to solve the issue of the relay +12v trigger wire. I want this tied to the high beams, so I don't need to scramble to find multiple switches to kill the lights when I encounter oncoming traffic.

The issue in 100 Series is the high beams are technically on all the time. When the head lights on off, they are the daytime running lights (DRLs), powered, but with a resistor in place to dim the lights. Obviously when the high beams are activated they have full power.

Trying into the correct circuit is the key. There is a DRL relay on the fender side of the airbox cleaner. The correct wire has be one of these. It is not really possible to put a voltage meter on the plug when plugged in and test, since it is sealed. I used a voltage meter to find that when unplugged, there was a +6v to the black/white wire in the harness. I figured this was the one, but when I plug it back in, it must become a ground of something because it will not activate the light bar. Unplugged, the light bar works in conjunction with the high beam staulk switch, but the high beams do not work.

So, I could use help figuring out which one of these wires is the correct trigger wire to use for my system. I am not good with electrical diagrams, so reading a FSM/EWD is not much help for me. Anyone willing to take a look at the wiring or relay and tell me which color is the correct one?

20170113_151828.jpg

20170113_160238.jpg

20170115_123137.jpg

20170115_123144.jpg

Bummer no one jumped in on this. Did you figure it out? Sounds like a nice system.

If you still need help I might be able to dig in and figure something out. I would start by looking at the wiring near the resistor, there are going to be wires that bypass it that you could tap in to to provide your 12v

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom