LX470 Aftermarket Wheel Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A few weeks ago I broke down and bought an 01 LX470. I have 92 HZJ73 which I absolutely love, but isn’t overly practical for my three kids. And the fact that it is JDM, and lifted really precludes the wife from driving it. (Plus with the cost of diesel, I think it is one of the few vehicles more expensive to drive then a 100 series.) I had an 80 previously to that, but my buddy kept telling me how great the 100 was. Found a pretty clean one close by and pulled the trigger. I am loving it so far. Ride is amazing. The truck is 21 years old and feels as solid as my wife’s 5th gen 4runner.

Was hoping for a little help. I have been thru numerous posts on the forum but I have failed to find a definitive answer to if my scenario is possible.

Looking to upgrade the rims to something a little different. I am currently running stock 18” rims with 275/75/18s. Tires are practically brand new.

My ideal scenario is
  • Keep the 18” tires
  • Get about an inch more of poke then the stock rims. Looking for that perfect poke just a bit outside the fenders.
  • Do both of these things without any rubbing or scrubbing and no modifications.

Anyone running anything that meets my criteria? Or am I destined for plastic trimming and a heat gun modification? My apologies if I am bringing up a question that has already been answered. I see there are a ton of threads on this subject.

Check this:

I ended up with TRD Pro BBS Forged Matte Black off a Tundra. 1.25” front and 1” rear Bora Spacers. Fits exactly like you mention. TRD stock tires the Michelin LTX A/T2.

Thanks for the input. I read that post before I posted. I love the TRD Pro rims. They look great. However, seems like prices are thru the roof. Guy is selling a used set of them for $2K on craigslist by me. The other tundra rims are nice, just think they work better on a cruiser vs the lexus. Especially with the off white color I have. (where the pro rims would look sweet)

Why the 1.25" spacers on the front and the 1" spacers on the rear? Why not 1.25" all the way around? I should have asked, is your truck stock suspension or is it lifted?

The Tundra rims are the same offset as the stock Lexus rims if I am correct. (+60mm). So with the spacers, you are running something close to +30mm offset?

Is there a difference between having a rim with a 30mm offset and the set up you have?
You had no issues with plastic trimming? I am worried it may be a little close the rear of the wheel well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom