LX 470 Key issue Lube or not to lube..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2004 LX470 128k miles what key hole lubricant is your go to this thing keeps locking up and wont turn until its gets oil. Ive tried to clean it with a degreaser then using a silicone lube then the issue comes back within 1 week and its not like she drives everyday. Do I need to pull it and really clean it well or??

Get a new key cut at Lexus or maybe Toyota with the VIN#. I bet you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how well everything works after that.

Get a new key cut at Lexus or maybe Toyota with the VIN#. I bet you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how well everything works after that.
Yeah that is on the list!

First, what is the best type of lubricant to use on a Lexus lock that uses an internal cut key -- and is it the same or different than we should use on Toyota locks that use external cut keys?

I have seen people recommend --

WD-40
3 in One lock lube
Silicone lube
dry graphite
WD-40 dry lube
Edit -- one more Houdini Lock Lube

Second, are you sure want to use a degreaser in the lock? Is too much grease the likely problem? And don't most degreasers have some water that may lead to corrosion?

I guess WD-40 is also a cleaner that leaves some small amount of lubrication behind. I don't know if that is good or bad.

Jared

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom