LX 450 Blower Motor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey,
I wanted some advice about how to fix my front blower motor.

A while back my front blower motor in my 97' LX450 stopped blower air, it's started getting real hot so I'm trying to fix it up.
As it stands right now, the rear blower motor is working, the heating is working but the front blower motor is not blowing air on any speed.
When I turn on the fan, there are no sounds and no changes.

I tested the blower motor using my car battery and it runs fine.
I also put a voltmeter on the connection for the blower motor and when the fan button was turned on I was getting 6-8 volts at the connection.
I was wondering if this was low or high.

If anyone has any idea as to what might be going on or knows of another post that might help, i'd love to hear it.

If you want any more information just let me know.
Thanks in advnce.

Blower Motor Resistor sounds like it might be the culprit.
Its a box that mounts to/through the front of the blower and that blower's harness is plugged into.
1623958544312.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick response.
Full disclosure, i'm new to the this whole fixing my car thing and i cant' really find any videos for the LX450.
Here are three pictures of the blower motor area, could you point out where it's kinda going to be and what I should remove to access it?
20210617_165141.jpg
20210617_165437.jpg
20210617_165147.jpg

20210617_165151.jpg

1623975377113.png

Hey i was wondering if you could help me with one last thing.
Our blower motor resistor looks like this
20210618_152407.jpg

I was wondering where I could buy the whole resistor with the cable.
A lot of parts online look different and lexus told us that manafacturing is discontinued.
Toyota told us the part number corresponded to the 97 FJ80 anniversary edition but the part looked different.

Please let me know if you have any idea where I can find it.

Hey i was wondering if you could help me with one last thing.
Our blower motor resistor looks like this
View attachment 2707478
I was wondering where I could buy the whole resistor with the cable.
A lot of parts online look different and lexus told us that manafacturing is discontinued.
Toyota told us the part number corresponded to the 97 FJ80 anniversary edition but the part looked different.

Please let me know if you have any idea where I can find it.
The LX450 and the FZJ80 Anniversary Edition both had the automatic climate control feature that operated the blower automatically at variable speeds, which is why the resistor design and part number is different than resistors for a non-AE, 1993-1997, FZJ80. A decade ago when I was searching for a new one, I think I had to find a salvage unit. I would try Amayama, Megazip, or PartSouq first and if not, ask Cruiseryard if they have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom