LV project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.windermere.com
A friend called and said he was moving out of the area and needed to get rid of his LV. I really don't need another project but let me know if anyone is interested in this. I don't have any idea what it's worth. He said the motor turns over pretty easy. Didn't have much spark when he tried to start it. Might drag it home and see if i can get it running. Floors are pretty solid. A little rusted through in the front driver side floor and the rear passenger side floor. Bondo in the passenger door and the front fenders are pretty rough. Didn't see any real problems around the drip rail area in or out. Very back lower tailgate hinges are really rough. Pretty much wants to fall off when you open it. Missing the left rear glass completely but all four door glasses were good and roll up and down good. Bottom of doors looked good. Hinges looked good. front passenger side door (which is the one with all the bondo peeling out of it) wont's shut and you can see where they had it wired shut. Gauge glass is broken. Engine compartment was surprisingly clean. Got under and looked at the frame and didn't see any major delam on the frame. All the springs and shackles looked good. Bushings were old and cracked but didn't look near as wore out as what was on my LPB. Back seat wasn't there. He said the guy he bought it off of said it was still up there and I know where "up there" is so I may go see if it's still there. I'm not too sure what to do with it, but I told him I'd get it out of there. I just picked up a set of '76 disc brake axles/4sp/tranny just not sure I want to start this right now. Let me now if anyone wants more pics or info or????
DSC05024.JPG
DSC05022.JPG
DSC05022.JPG
DSC05024.JPG DSC05022.JPG DSC05026.JPG DSC05021.JPG

DSC05019.JPG

You are a good man for answering the rescue call.

If you decide not to keep it someone looking for a LV to restore should be ecstatic with that find.

She's a beauty.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Not too sure why it looks like it's doubling up pics. Here's the bad spots. Both hinges are completely rotted out on the tailgate and along the inside of the rocker panel on the rear passenger side floor. Also under the drivers feet but I can't get that pic to load.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Toyopet was a name of Toyota station wagon car. They just used the handle cause they could, probably had a lot of leftovers or something. Covered it cause it's now on a Land Cruiser wagon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom