LV floors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Interesting, I think that i may be in for a set, i would also be interested in a rear sill and rockers if they had those.

He has the rear seal. I’m sure he could do rockers too. It’s been hard getting him to give me a shipping quote. Says he needs 50% then he will start making the parts. I’m thinking about ordering just the rear seal and see what happens. Not sure how much I’m willing to risk yet especially because it will be awhile before I can start and not sure how well the parts will fit.

Jason

Couple more pictures he sent me
A9ED196E-50FE-41F3-9D08-C110DC2DB096.png

What are we looking at here? The quarter panel looks rough. Or, some kind of paper over a repro panel?
I need to understand what this is?

agreed on the paper patterns, neat idea. I love seeing low tech solutions, if this was stateside we would see someone 3D scanning and having a computer do all the work. love me some craftsmanship.

I msgd them a few days ago. The complete floor takes two weeks to make and costs $1200
If those floors are accurate and will "drop in" with no modifications I would recommend jumping on them. When I got my floors a loooong ago, they were amazing and exact. I was couldn't believe how they fit so perfectly given the fact that these trucks were all built by hand and the pans were also. I have 100's of hours in fabrication of all the other metal parts on my LV, if I would have had to do the floor pan, it probably would have be 1000's of hours. They are complex. Of course, one could patch and weld, but they would not be like a factory new floor like what I received. I thank my lucky stars I was in on that group buy at the time. Thank you @Treeroot.

So I went ahead and ordered a complete floor and two rear quarter panels and a rear sill. Took longer than expected but all arrived in one large box. Shipped to Dubai by air and only cost me $1 k for shipping.

I’m still away but the garage received the shipment.

Also had them send me a complete fj45 Troopy soft top bows and doors which they had in stock. Will share more pictures next week when I’m back from my holiday.

bfd8bdac-cbf4-4139-9e4c-dfe675d40502.jpeg

df684baf-ccdf-4b98-9fed-1138532b16a1.jpeg

@Arabian Cruiser - thanks for sharing the pictures and your experience with shipping. Please share your future experience when installing these pieces on a vehicle. From the pictures I can see some differences in the reproduction pieces, but even with some cutting and massaging during installation the replacement panels could cut down the time spent in the metal restoration of a rusty body shell.

@Arabian Cruiser - thanks for sharing the pictures and your experience with shipping. Please share your future experience when installing these pieces on a vehicle. From the pictures I can see some differences in the reproduction pieces, but even with some cutting and massaging during installation the replacement panels could cut down the time spent in the metal restoration of a rusty body shell.

Definitely will keep you guys updated. And yes at least we have clean panels to install instead of mending the old messed up panels. Some of the old panels attached for reference. The foot wells were also very bad

3b228233-540d-4e3f-9972-f246a6196da5.jpeg

5584ef8c-acfc-4c28-9563-748018d8d0ab.jpeg

9bc6ecc3-0627-4678-bd8a-6f15e3a9a4bf.jpeg

5e968d82-8c4c-44cd-b1b4-c9107bd77a44.jpeg

@Arabian Cruiser have you unpacked those floors yet?!
Hi yes. The shop has been working on the project. Got feedback that the floors don’t match my original floor pattern so the guys are having to make some new panels and cutting up the new ones also.

Will pass by to take pictures in the coming days

I know there are several of LVers that are facing massive metalwork on the body and are looking for replacement panels. I applaude the Colombian vendor for offering panels but as I continue to look at the details there are so many things that don’t match an LV. Highlight the rear floor panel. The repro panel is squared off at the fuel door opening vs have the radius that match the fuel tank access panel. Also the corrugations closeouts around the fuel door are squared off vs being a half circle. If you wanted the panel to match the factory there would would be a lot of changes needed.

It was a lot of work for me to recreate these panels but it is possible. It seems impossible at first, but if you are handy you will come up the learning curve. Even with replacement panels it will be a lot of work but the bespoke LV deserves the best.

For those who are starting out. You need to practice and perfect butt welding long seams of 18 gauge steel together. Lots of welding tacks, then grinding, then straightening any warpage. I feel like I have done miles of this task…that’s how you create complex shapes from simple panels. Cut, weld, grind, repeat.

IMG_3024.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom