Lug nuts for TRD Rock Warriors (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ga12r1

The "triple locked" troll himself...
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.cruisersontherocks.com
I don't know for sure but, I have read somewhere that this company makes the lug nuts for the Landcruisers. If you find out anything for sure, please let us all know!

Home

I was lucky, my RW's came with a set of spline-drive mcgards. No issues other than keeping up with two drive sockets now :)

If you opt for aftermarket spline-drive lugs and are taking the 100 wheeling, be sure to carry a spline drive socket.

So do you guys think if i don't go with TRD/Mcgard lug nuts I will be making a mistake? I don't know alot about lug nuts but those sure seem expensive.
Amazon.com: McGard 65510 Chrome SplineDrive Wheel Installation Kit (M14 x 1.5 Thread Size) - For 5 Lug Wheels: Automotive

Amazon.com: Genuine Toyota Accessories PTR27-60110 TRD Wheel Installation Kit: Automotive

I will be wheeling. Is there THAT much of a difference in strength over the $43 set?

Amazon.com: Gorilla Automotive 26143HT Small Diameter Duplex Acorn Chrome 5 Lug Kit (14mm x 1.50 Thread Size) - Pack of 20: Automotive

full

As long as the nut seat matches the wheel, it doesn't really matter. Some would feel safer with name brand, some would argue its all the same. Arguably, the only wrong choice is a hardware store hex nut or a a nut with the wrong seat type.

Just don't be that guy out on a trail with locking or spline drive nuts and forget the tool at home. Makes changing the tire a real pain.

No, that wont be me. I have splined lug nuts on my SCS wheels now and the splined socket never leaves the truck. I would rather not have locks either. I had a bad experience with a broken key that came with my factory set and at the time I swore i would never run any again. I just don't see theft ever being a problem in my neck of the woods:)

Almost a necropost...but.
I'm getting ready to order lug nuts for my Rock Warriors. I don't really want to drop the coin on the TRD lugs. Found these on amazon, does anyone know if they are what I need?

Amazon.com: Gorilla Automotive 26143HT Small Diameter Duplex Acorn Chrome 5 Lug Kit (14mm x 1.50 Thread Size) - Pack of 20: Automotive

@ga12r1 , what did you end up going with?

I'm looking for a set of black lug nuts for a set of RWs. They're out for powder coat and I'm getting everything ready for when they are done.

Thanks!

Almost a necropost...but.

@ga12r1 , what did you end up going with?

I'm looking for a set of black lug nuts for a set of RWs. They're out for powder coat and I'm getting everything ready for when they are done.

Thanks!

I would contact slee for that specific part. I ordered two sets of spline drive lug nuts through them and they came powdercoated black with the taper for the rock warriors. They said that they stock them specifically for that wheel and they are indestructible. Ben @slee can definitely help.

I would contact slee for that specific part. I ordered two sets of spline drive lug nuts through them and they came powdercoated black with the taper for the rock warriors. They said that they stock them specifically for that wheel and they are indestructible. Ben @slee can definitely help.

Right on, thanks! I'll give Ben a call this week. I needed to check on some parts anyway. :)

In case anyone is interested, here are some part numbers I found while looking for these nuts:

mcgard 65510 Chrome, 16 spline nuts, 4 locking nuts, 1 spline adapter, 1 key adapter (about $90 on Amazon)
mcgard 65510BK Black, 16 spline nuts, 4 locking nuts, 1 spline adapter, 1 key adapter (about $180 on Amazon
mcgard 65310 Chrome, 4 spline nuts ($25 on Amazon)
mcgard 65310BK Black, 4 spline nuts ($34 on Amazon)
mcgard 65301 Spline Drive Adapter ($12 on Amazon)

Mcgard also makes an M14x15 lug nut kit for a 6 lug setup (nets 20 spline nuts) and for an 8 lug setup (nets 28 spline nuts). I priced the 8 lug setup, but decided it was more cost effective to order the 65510, 65310 and 65301.

Last edited:
FYI - I just bought these lug nuts from Slee Off Road. I found that they were the best value because their lug nuts are powder coated black, come with the spline socket, and you get all 20 without that risky key/lug that people usually get rid of. Out the door, my cost was $63.19.

FYI - I just bought these lug nuts from Slee Off Road. I found that they were the best value because their lug nuts are powder coated black, come with the spline socket, and you get all 20 without that risky key/lug that people usually get rid of. Out the door, my cost was $63.19.
Hey 100SeriesThrGrt. I am interested in where on Slee's site you found these lugs nuts? I only see lug nuts list as TRD sets on the "wheels" page in the left hand navigation. Did you call and inquire perhaps? Thanks

Hey 100SeriesThrGrt. I am interested in where on Slee's site you found these lugs nuts? I only see lug nuts list as TRD sets on the "wheels" page in the left hand navigation. Did you call and inquire perhaps? Thanks
I called and spoke to Ben (sometimes it’s hard to get someone to answer the phone over there). Since I live in Denver, I just stopped by and picked them up but I’m sure they would be happy to ship them.
I also could not find them on their website.

I had my local Toyota dealer order the lug set, part number PTR27-60110 but now I’m all paranoid it’s the wrong set because it says it includes 16 lugs….shouldn’t it include 20?

This is for a set of rock warriors I’ll be putting on my 570. Please let me know if there’s a diff part I should have ordered. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom