LS swap A/C Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello legends

Been waiting forever for the custom AC lines to come in - shop has been sitting on the work for months now. Come to find out, they were never even ordered, and now the shop is telling me they need the A/C lines from the Toyota side to adapt to the LS side. Problem is, I no longer have the Toyota parts.

How did others address this? Do I really need these? And if I do, anyone have some laying around?

Many thanks

Scott

Do you know which lines you need?
How much of your original system is in place/intact?

I'm guessing they may want to run the LS compressor and then use the original parts for the rest of the system so you'd need the lines all the way up to the compressor, but I could be way off on that and have no direct experience. Perhaps they want to splice new connectors onto the two flexible lines that connected to the original compressor, thus adapting those lines to connect to the new compressor?

I have a few AC lines in my parts stash so once you figure out what you need I'll be glad to check to see if I have it. I'm sure that any of the members who part out rigs could have the lines you need as well. I also find searching on the following site turns up sources in any area for used parts:

Per a search on that site Advance Auto Salvage Home Page - http://www.advanceautosalvage.com/ in Murfreesboro may have ac lines for a late model US 80 series. You can search for more generic parts to sometimes find better/closer results as they won't always put the small items online even if they have the whole LC sitting there.

Do you know which lines you need?
How much of your original system is in place/intact?

I'm guessing they may want to run the LS compressor and then use the original parts for the rest of the system so you'd need the lines all the way up to the compressor, but I could be way off on that and have no direct experience. Perhaps they want to splice new connectors onto the two flexible lines that connected to the original compressor, thus adapting those lines to connect to the new compressor?

I have a few AC lines in my parts stash so once you figure out what you need I'll be glad to check to see if I have it. I'm sure that any of the members who part out rigs could have the lines you need as well. I also find searching on the following site turns up sources in any area for used parts:

Per a search on that site Advance Auto Salvage Home Page - http://www.advanceautosalvage.com/ in Murfreesboro may have ac lines for a late model US 80 series. You can search for more generic parts to sometimes find better/closer results as they won't always put the small items online even if they have the whole LC sitting there.
Thanks.

Apparently we need this aluminum end.

IMG_20220506_093059.jpg

I have those lines (hard and flexible) from compressor to evaporator/firewall. I also have the condensor to compressor lines. I'll PM you.

Update. So my local shop had the A/C lines I bought from @jpoole welded, so one end fits the GM and the other to the firewall/Toyota. Now, someone else is telling me they needed to weld in "pressure switches" so the compressor knows when to kick on and off. Any ideas on how others have fixed this?

I know you said these fittings would work to convert the firewall fitting and compressor fitting.

Do you know if they will work on the Toyota condenser pad fittings as well?

3-E7-F8159-4680-42-D3-9-AF4-5-A9-CA9-A19017.png

059-FD18-F-965-A-4-C17-834-F-C1-C86992-BD83.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom