LRA 24's/4x4Labs/3"exh Q's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There's quite a bit of threads on LRA 24's and the mods to Lukes bumpers (depending on design) on mud. Anyone, with a 3" exhaust with this combo?
Trying to figure out whether to do the exhaust first or the 24gal Aux tank? Would love to see any photos or comments on people who've had this done.

I have a feeling it's exhaust first over the frame 90%, tank fitment, then the rest of the exhaust...

I would do the tank first it's not moving.

Then you can route the exhaust around if needed .
Agreed.

I am sure it can be done, however I have a 24 gallon with stock exhaust and had another without but with Lukes bumper, so I am using a bit of imagination.

I think the exhaust will need to follow the factory path in the rear with a modified tail pipe exit where most cut and extend with a slightly different bend to exit, just larger diameter.

By the way. Why are you adding a 3” exhaust?

I would do the tank first it's not moving.

Then you can route the exhaust around if needed .
Ah, looked at the undercarriage again. The up and over the crossmember is BEFORE the tank. Thanks for the double check! On a side note, looking forward to what you come up with on the Squadron/ARB flush mount pieces!

Agreed.

I am sure it can be done, however I have a 24 gallon with stock exhaust and had another without but with Lukes bumper, so I am using a bit of imagination.

I think the exhaust will need to follow the factory path in the rear with a modified tail pipe exit where most cut and extend with a slightly different bend to exit, just larger diameter.

By the way. Why are you adding a 3” exhaust?
Copy on that one. What did you do to fit the 24 onto Lukes bumper? It seems most are doing a angle iron bracket welded onto the crossmember?

I'm hoping and wanting to incorporate some kind of small resonator before the tailpipe section. Got to take some measurements on what Corsa has to offer.

Adding 3" exh because of forced induction. Finally threw on an old NOS Mag blower that's been sitting in my closet, ...for years, should have done it earlier.

Last year I ended up doing some HG PM. Good thing I fixed what ain't broke, one of the cylinders was getting there. So In doing so I upgraded the valves +1.5, cleaned up the ports, and threw in a mild cam. Thread is here and I need to follow up. Just getting some miles in before to report back. Upgraded SS +1.5 Valves & Mild Cam Head Gasket Rebuild Thread - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/upgraded-ss-1-5-valves-mild-cam-head-gasket-rebuild-thread.1232223/

...So on paper it's flowing, feeling 2.5" is more than adequate but what the heck. I might get bored with the 1fz setup someday. Just planning ahead, just in case. In the meantime I'm enjoying not killing my motor to keep up with groups on fwy's.

Copy on that one. What did you do to fit the 24 onto Lukes bumper? It seems most are doing a angle iron bracket welded onto the crossmember?

I'm hoping and wanting to incorporate some kind of small resonator before the tailpipe section. Got to take some measurements on what Corsa has to offer.

Adding 3" exh because of forced induction. Finally threw on an old NOS Mag blower that's been sitting in my closet, ...for years, should have done it earlier.

Last year I ended up doing some HG PM. Good thing I fixed what ain't broke, one of the cylinders was getting there. So In doing so I upgraded the valves +1.5, cleaned up the ports, and threw in a mild cam. Thread is here and I need to follow up. Just getting some miles in before to report back. Upgraded SS +1.5 Valves & Mild Cam Head Gasket Rebuild Thread - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/upgraded-ss-1-5-valves-mild-cam-head-gasket-rebuild-thread.1232223/

...So on paper it's flowing, feeling 2.5" is more than adequate but what the heck. I might get bored with the 1fz setup someday. Just planning ahead, just in case. In the meantime I'm enjoying not killing my motor to keep up with groups on fwy's.
I may have misspoke, Luke’s bumper was on a different 80 I owned without the LRA.

However, my truck with the LRA has a supercharger (and Slee rear bumper) from newish, I personally would not change the exhaust, but I am sure a good custom exhaust fabricator could make one work with the LRA installed if you really wanted one, especially after the 1FZ is replaced, in the meantime I would run stock or a close variation to the exhaust and if I made any modifications, it would be to improve the cooling system.

I pushed the rear crossmember back slightly when fabbing the Labs rear bumper to ensure it caught the rear flange of the LRA tank. This effectively eliminates the need for the LRA crossmember. No major mods and didn't need to order anything custom (after some quick calls quick Labs before ordering the kit). I'm dropping some large 12mm x 1.75 pitch x 80mm length down through the 2x2 crossmember and using the LRA nylocks/washers to snug up everything.

Resonator is already removed - planning to chop the rest of the 'over axle' piping back to the muffler and probably just installing a small turndown (unless we can figure out how to drop the resonator back in there - the whistle and my OCD may not be able to co-exist). I'm chopped for the Labs rear in the standard place and it's not going to contact the tank or the bumper - so it's really not an issue. I'm just planning to trim back a bit further since I'd rather dump down right after the muffler rather than the heat/moisture coming out right by the aux tank.

Will get some pics later this week once we tackle install...if only @Outsane lived on my street, I'd have my LRA install done in 3 hours. Me and my old man (72 years old!) move a little slower! 🤣

I pushed the rear crossmember back slightly when fabbing the Labs rear bumper to ensure it caught the rear flange of the LRA tank. This effectively eliminates the need for the LRA crossmember. No major mods and didn't need to order anything custom (after some quick calls quick Labs before ordering the kit). I'm dropping some large 12mm x 1.75 pitch x 80mm length down through the 2x2 crossmember and using the LRA nylocks/washers to snug up everything.

Resonator is already removed - planning to chop the rest of the 'over axle' piping back to the muffler and probably just installing a small turndown (unless we can figure out how to drop the resonator back in there - the whistle and my OCD may not be able to co-exist). I'm chopped for the Labs rear in the standard place and it's not going to contact the tank or the bumper - so it's really not an issue. I'm just planning to trim back a bit further since I'd rather dump down right after the muffler rather than the heat/moisture coming out right by the aux tank.

Will get some pics later this week once we tackle install...if only @Outsane lived on my street, I'd have my LRA install done in 3 hours. Me and my old man (72 years old!) move a little slower! 🤣
Awesome, I hear you on the whistle lol. Seems like most on mud that have removed their resonator ends up putting them back promptly. I recall seeing a photo of someone that had a V-band tail section that could be removed when wheeling. I'll post some pics as well once I get this sucker up there. And yes, I wish I lived closer to Outsane as well. I would save me a bunch of time from mailing him things to prototype lol. Happy Thanksgiving ya'll!

Good thoughts on the Labs bumper and LRA...I have the tank and was contemplating the fit with the Labs bumper install and trying to visualize tank mount options without having actual dimensions/location of the bumper parts. I currently have a Kaymar on the rear which is a beast, but a little low hanging with the receiver below the rear crossmember and has been snagging on obstacles my last few times wheeling, so looking for more clearance back there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom