lower control arm cam bolt replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1x SPC 25435 for GX470
1x SPC 25440 for GX460

Or

GX470, OEM parts:

2x 90119-14120
2x 48409-60020
2x 48452-35020

GX460, OEM parts:

2x 48190-04010
2x 48198-04050
2x 48409-04030

The OEM pieces are generally more well regarded than the SPC kit.

If you want to get rid of the eccentrics completely you can get these. I have had them on my GX for over a year and no alignments needed aside from toe. You do need to do the cam tab reinforced kit to make this work though.

If you want to get rid of the eccentrics completely you can get these. I have had them on my GX for over a year and no alignments needed aside from toe. You do need to do the cam tab reinforced kit to make this work though.

Does this work for a GX460?

Does this work for a GX460?

@GXOR11 Thinking Dan may have missed your asking for a "460." Prado 120 and Prado 150 lower bolts are NOT interchangeable. That kit will not work on your GX460 unless your cut all 8 of your lower control arm mounting tabs off and welded on ones with smaller elliptical bolt holes. (not recommended!)

One of the major changes on the Prado 150 platform was the lower bolts for lower control arms were increased in size over the P120. This then makes the Cam adjustments, thus the elliptical holes in the frame and the bushings in the lower control arms are larger than the Prado 120s. This is why a Prado 150 lower control arm will not bolt up to a Prado 120 truck and vice versa. This is why long travel kits are very specific to the year of the truck, the upper arms same, lower arms different in the bushings. However allot of the long travel kits can be edited by just swapping out the business to the larger center hole.

This is a GX470 CAM bolt tab. The GX460 elliptical hole is bigger for the larger bolt.

IMG-1588.jpg

But just weld on the Total Chaos CAM tab reinforcements and your golden running the elliptical cam bolts. They do make the weld on reinforcement tabs spacifily for the GX460. (well all Prado 150s) Total Chaos Lower Control Arm CAM Tab Gussets: 2010+ 4Runner | 2010+ GX 460 | 2016+ Tacoma | 2010-2014 FJ Cruiser - https://www.metaltech4x4.com/total-chaos-lower-control-arm-cam-tab-gussets-2010-4runner-2010-gx-460-2016-tacoma-2010-2014-fj-cruiser/

IMG-1600.jpg

Just bolts? How are your bushings? Careful not to mess the bushing up when cutting bolt.

Sawzall blade works fine but you’ll need at least one short blade per bolt.

For bolts; SPC is fine. They include a plastic sleeve which seems janky when you put it in, but it will work and shouldn’t seize.

@GXOR11 Thinking Dan may have missed your asking for a "460." Prado 120 and Prado 150 lower bolts are NOT interchangeable. That kit will not work on your GX460 unless your cut all 8 of your lower control arm mounting tabs off and welded on ones with smaller elliptical bolt holes. (not recommended!)

One of the major changes on the Prado 150 platform was the lower bolts for lower control arms were increased in size over the P120. This then makes the Cam adjustments, thus the elliptical holes in the frame and the bushings in the lower control arms are larger than the Prado 120s. This is why a Prado 150 lower control arm will not bolt up to a Prado 120 truck and vice versa. This is why long travel kits are very specific to the year of the truck, the upper arms same, lower arms different in the bushings. However allot of the long travel kits can be edited by just swapping out the business to the larger center hole.

This is a GX470 CAM bolt tab. The GX460 elliptical hole is bigger for the larger bolt.

IMG-1588.jpg

But just weld on the Total Chaos CAM tab reinforcements and your golden running the elliptical cam bolts. They do make the weld on reinforcement tabs spacifily for the GX460. (well all Prado 150s) Total Chaos Lower Control Arm CAM Tab Gussets: 2010+ 4Runner | 2010+ GX 460 | 2016+ Tacoma | 2010-2014 FJ Cruiser - https://www.metaltech4x4.com/total-chaos-lower-control-arm-cam-tab-gussets-2010-4runner-2010-gx-460-2016-tacoma-2010-2014-fj-cruiser/

IMG-1600.jpg
but the elimination kit plates only allow the bolt to pass at one orientation. Why would that not work?

but the elimination kit plates only allow the bolt to pass at one orientation. Why would that not work?

The hole in the plates will be too small since they are P120 for the larger P150 bolts. The PolyPro kit includes new Grade 8 bolts, nuts etc. that also could not be used as they will all be too small for the bushings in the lower arms.

The the cam reinforcement kit used [highly recommend the Total Chaos brand as they are the original ones who invented this, not Trail Gear (Trail Gear owns All Pro who makes a copy of the TC parts)] has to be for a P150 as the installer needs to aline them to the factory mounting tabs on the frame. (like the photo above) I have installed quite a few of these and you definitely want to use the same size ellipses to get them set perficaly to give proper alinement a fighting chance once you weld in the new CAM tabs.

Personally once I have installed the TC Cam Tab reinforcements with the factory bolts, I have never had an alignment issue on any of my trucks with them. I have personally ran them on my GX460, 5th Gen 4R, 3rd Gen Taco, FJC and GX470.

The Poly kit sounds good for a truck running some monster tires, where fine tuning alignment may not be needed as 37's on up, always wear a little odd were precision alinement is irrelevant overall. Heck my 37" IROC's I ran had 4 golf balls in each one to internally balance the big chunks of Louisiana Interco rubber! Precision? No, work? Heck ya. Sound funny comming to a stop? yup. "woorrr worrr worrrr, bap bap bap" as the balls stop doing 40MPH in side the tires at a stop sign.

IMG-1588.jpg

IMG-1600.jpg
Thank you! I found some for a 5th gen 4 runner that will work it’s my daily and can’t have it down that long to weld in new tabs

The hole in the plates will be too small since they are P120 for the larger P150 bolts. The PolyPro kit includes new Grade 8 bolts, nuts etc. that also could not be used as they will all be too small for the bushings in the lower arms.

The the cam reinforcement kit used [highly recommend the Total Chaos brand as they are the original ones who invented this, not Trail Gear (Trail Gear owns All Pro who makes a copy of the TC parts)] has to be for a P150 as the installer needs to aline them to the factory mounting tabs on the frame. (like the photo above) I have installed quite a few of these and you definitely want to use the same size ellipses to get them set perficaly to give proper alinement a fighting chance once you weld in the new CAM tabs.

Personally once I have installed the TC Cam Tab reinforcements with the factory bolts, I have never had an alignment issue on any of my trucks with them. I have personally ran them on my GX460, 5th Gen 4R, 3rd Gen Taco, FJC and GX470.

The Poly kit sounds good for a truck running some monster tires, where fine tuning alignment may not be needed as 37's on up, always wear a little odd were precision alinement is irrelevant overall. Heck my 37" IROC's I ran had 4 golf balls in each one to internally balance the big chunks of Louisiana Interco rubber! Precision? No, work? Heck ya. Sound funny comming to a stop? yup. "woorrr worrr worrrr, bap bap bap" as the balls stop doing 40MPH in side the tires at a stop sign.
I get it, but you can also put in 120 bushings and use them no? I have seen some 5th gens do this.

I get it, but you can also put in 120 bushings and use them no? I have seen some 5th gens do this.

Not sure with stock lowers if the bushings are cross compatible, never actually done it myself. But with performance lowers like Total Chaos, stock replacement or long travel lowers we can swap those bushings and center sleeves (and have) to go back and forth between P120 and P150.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom