Loud squeak only when driving forward. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.joehendricks.com
Hey guys, my 100 series cruiser just started squeaking when I drive forward. It doesn't squeak in reverse. It only happens when I accelerate or I'm coming to a slow stop.
I put new brakes on a year and a half ago, but I am up in the mountains alot. Rear differential pinion seal and fluids were just recently changed, but the noise was there before.
I pressure washed the entire underside and the noise went away for a day, but was back the next morning.
Here is a video of the sound.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you

U-joint. My Tacoma started making that sound on a vacation last fall. It sounded a little bit like rubber (like yours) so thought the Tacoma carrier bearing had developed play and the rubber bushing was squeak. The vibrations started soon after that. In the end one of the joints was shot.

Of course I might be wrong but I think it's probably a u-joint.

Edit: the more I watch the video the more I'm convinced it's a u-joint.

U-joint. My Tacoma started making that sound on a vacation last fall. It sounded a little bit like rubber (like yours) so thought the Tacoma carrier bearing had developed play and the rubber bushing was squeak. The vibrations started soon after that. In the end one of the joints was shot.

Of course I might be wrong but I think it's probably a u-joint.

Edit: the more I watch the video the more I'm convinced it's a u-joint.
I looked up the u joint on youtube and found a video that has the exact same squeak! I think this might be it... thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom