Lose The Lexus Or Lose My Membership !!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm not really surprised the lexus does not have the long term re-sale value. Lexus buyers buy new cars. Same reason why Buick has the highest quality ratings of all the GM brands and some of the lowest re-sale values. That's about the only time I will ever mention Buick, quality and Lexus in the same paragraph.

woody said:
new member practice says you get an issue with your new membership pack....my guess is, it will be this most current issue...

Thanks for the info Brian. Will fax it off tomorrow. Just read about your weekend. Looks like FUN and glad you and C are safe.

I was so excited about the Lexus article that I went to this Vintage Offroad site and bought me one for $180,000 and I think I got a great deal on it. No rust.

ain't your mamas cruizer said:
After reading this very long dragged out thread, started by a very passionate but "foot-in-mouth" landcruiser arse, I have decided to join the TLCA today! I have nothing against Lexus, I think they are super nice, however, I wouldn't spend the added $ for purchase or repairs. I'm just upset I didn't join sooner to have a copy of the latest edition with Christo's Lexus and article. Is there any way I can get a copy?

you pay more for repairs??? most of it is just cruiser parts, and from what i have heard from people with lexi in aust, their more reasonable with service fees etc than a toyota dealer

bad_religion_au said:
you pay more for repairs??? most of it is just cruiser parts, and from what i have heard from people with lexi in aust, their more reasonable with service fees etc than a toyota dealer
It's the opposite here in the U.S. Lexus dealerships charge about $25 to $30 USD more per hour for labor and the parts are marked up a bit more than one would find at a Toyota dealership. That said, their level of service is vastly superior to that at a typical Toyota dealership. Unless you're getting service from Lexus, there is no difference in maintenance costs.

ain't your mamas cruizer said:
I have nothing against Lexus, I think they are super nice, however, I wouldn't spend the added $ for purchase or repairs. I'm just upset I didn't join sooner to have a copy of the latest edition with Christo's Lexus and article. Is there any way I can get a copy?

The LX450/FZJ80 was very simmilar, however on the LX470/UZJ100 there are quite a few differences that makes the LX470 worth getting. Some cosmetic, but some mechanical.

gentlemen, please.....stop interspersing tech and knowledge and other such interesting and useful information in this thread....

:flipoff2:

woody said:
I disagree.

:popcorn:

Dang Woody, I was starting to wonder when you were going to fill up on all that :popcorn:

okay...getting back to the original thread topic...

so, what's the deal with this guy? dude's got some serious issues...there's a lotta hate brewing in that head...and it's not just about Lexus -- Lexus just seems to be the thing to hate right now.

I understand that a guy might be stressing about something else when he first posted his tirade, but after reviewing some of his other comments (on his own board), it just seems to go on and on.

And, although it's already been said -- kudos to all those involved with TT! Always a great job!

Worth noting, I've only received one direct complaint about the cover, and it was before all this blew up. And it was polite and somewhat light hearted.

TJK

DANG! How did I miss this thread? Would have luvved to be commenting in this one.

For all the "Lexus on the Cover" complainees: GROW UP! We know if you actually HAD an LX or 100 you'd never mouth out (whether you also owned an older Cruiser or not).

Monster45: Two comments just for you:

1. 100/LX rigs have been featured THREE OF THE LAST FOUR TT ISSUES! :flipoff2:

2. For what I have in my 100 (bought NEW and highly modified) I can own all your rigs together and custom make 100/LX badges for their hoods. :flipoff2:
(Don't want that though. I have the best Cruiser EVER MADE)

Wow, no way to top the things that many others have stated so well already. I was shocked at this a******'s awful perspective. I have always admired and appreciated the work that Christo and crew have done, first for the 80's and now for the 100's; the word visionary is very often overused but in Christo's case, I think it truly applies. When I saw the Toyota Trails cover, I was wildly excited. I loved the article, I loved the vehicle and thought to myself that were I worthy of one of these high class, high capability vehicles, I'd love to own one. I totally appreciate all the energy, effort, time and trouble that Slee takes to make these vehicles as awesome as possible, and I also totally appreciate all the energy, effort, time and trouble that the contributors to TT make. I have nothing but appreciation and admiration for all these fine folks.

I went ahead with some writings to this Frank Fawker to ask assorted questions like, "Do you realize the Toyota / Lexus connection?" , "Do you realize your rig has more non-toy parts on it than that Lexus ever will?" etc etc etc. I do not expect any elaborate response. If he had simply stated something like, " Lexus' just dont do it for me " well, fine, BUT he had to go and heap the hatred out on others which was way wrong.

Just to provoke the problem here, I'm calling my father and VOLUNTEERING to purchase his membership in TLCA ( he has a 80 a 100, ohh and two RAV4's - whoohoo let's see a built up RAV on TT just to piss Frank off, just joking!), AND I'm gonna ask the wife to allow me to purchase her her own separate membership! So, if nothing else comes from this Frank Fawkhead, TLCA will continue to get my personal lifelong membership and possibly two more for my father and for my wife!!! That plus the others here who have already been pushed prodded provoked to get memberships from this a******'s first and only post, some good will come. (Sorry, again, no problem with me if he simply stated that these things were not what he would wheel with) For the record, Christo and crew, Todd and all the fine folks who volunteer their time, thank you so very much. :cheers:

TURBOCRUISER: Bring that RAV4 on buddy. As soon as you put a 2-speed transfer case in it you've got a better ride than monster45's rigs!

ShottsUZJ100 said:
TURBOCRUISER: Bring that RAV4 on buddy. As soon as you put a 2-speed transfer case in it you've got a better ride than monster45's rigs!

Ohhh yeaaa, I love it, but first I'm gonna have to have good fender flares outsourced from some domestic to make frank happy!!! :D That and some Dana 22.5's ( imaginary IFS and IRS axles) from another domestic and frank wil be drooling, just make sure the toyota badging is still in place cause frank, according to his site, "eats sleeps breathes toyota!" and all it takes is the badge to make him love it or hate it!!! BWAHAHAHAHA :flipoff2:

On the whole Lexus vs Land Cruiser thing....this may mean virtually nothing to most of us, but you get treated like royalty at the Lexus dealer compared to Toyota, in my experience.

I think there are probably more than a few folks who gladly pay an extra 6-10% for that treatment.

I am almost embarassed at how they treat me...and I'm just Joe Blow with an 8 year-old LX-450. They are thinking about the next sale, no doubt.

Hillarious thread. Thought it was joke, then thought maybe the guy really didn't know that the Lexus is a Land Cruiser, then I see he hosts a Cruiser site so the only option left is asshat. I've been reading my buddy's "Trails" for a while so I figured I better sign up. Reading this thread was a good little kick in the pants to get-er-done. Assuming y'all don't run a background check and see the old Heep registrations in my past, I should have a number in a few weeks.

Mark me down as one additional member that this guy's rant helped sign up.

Oh yeah, if you deny my application..... :flipoff2: keep the money and just send me the Lexus covered edition. :D

Kaderabek said:
Worth noting, I've only received one direct complaint about the cover, and it was before all this blew up. And it was polite and somewhat light hearted.

TJK

I hope my thread was not what you are considering the "complaint".......cause it was tongue in cheek fun. :confused: :flipoff2:
Butch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom