Looking for inside wiper seal, metal split ring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SEAWOLF

GOLD Star
Threads
I was putting together the knuckle rebuild last night and noticed I am missing parts included in the FSM diagram. I bought a rebuild kit and assumed they would be included.

First, I'm taking about the back side of the knuckle assembly.

I'm missing the metal split ring, that is supposed to be flush to the back side.

I have the rubber ring and the felt ring.

Then, the back 2 part holding ring was not included. I cleaned up my old ones but they are pretty rusted and dented. I would like to replace.

Where can I find these, any of the common places I have been looking do not include them in photos of the kits.

Need to get them asap, thanks!

*photo is not mine, stole it from another thread

ins_wiper_seals-1.jpg

Also, when I was tightening the 2 part rings to the back with the stock bolts, I sheered the head off one and now have a broken bolt inside the knuckle. I think I know the best way to remove it, but what size are the bolts and where can I find a suitable replacement?

Call one of the many cruiser sources out there and they can mail you the rings and a replacement bolt off a parts rig. I think I have old used wiper rings and bolts if you are on a budget.

Georg at valley Hybrids, Marline Crawler, Specter Offroad, Cruiser Outfitters, etc all can get you new parts.

So I've determined that the PO left the split ring off when they 'redid' the axle in the past, because they aren't in my shop...thanks for the heads up, I wasn't sure if this was something produced new and included in the some of the kits, or if it's only a 'parts find' type item...

New split rings come with rebuild kits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom