looking for height of rear rol bar pillar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Lemoore, CA (south of Fresno) / Cortes Island, B.C
73 hard trop

I am building a full cage and my top isn't accessable right now. Can I be safe to assume my B pillar's height can be matched with my C pillar to clear the hardtop?

I m going to mount the C pillar right at the rear of the wheel well and have it vertical with a slight angle forward at the top to clear the lip on the hard top window. Something like this
top /
|
rear |
Anyone have an idea of where I should start bending the cage forward at the top of the hoop to clear where the hard top anges forward in the back? Basically, how tall does the hoop need to be before it bends forward? What is a safe distance from away from the rear of th rig to clear a top?

Don't have #'s for you but I saw your thread in the 40 section. You should be just fine to keep your C hoop the same height as the B hoop, although I've seen many got just a bit shorter on the C hoop in order to clear some aftermarket softops.

Here's a pic of my old cage that might give you an idea where to start the forward bend on the C hoop. You can also see that the hoop height is pretty much even from A-B-C with the A hoop being a little lower.

IMG_3104sm.jpg

PM sent. thanks for the pic

I'll play nice... ;p

37" is the height for the B pillar.

Thank you. Out of all honesty, yours is the only cage I would consider buying if I didn't have the ability to bend and weld one up myself.

I have to give you props, you make a fine product. You have inspired and protected many cruiser heads (no pun intended). Thank you for your contributions to the community.

Thank you. Out of all honesty, yours is the only cage I would consider buying if I didn't have the ability to bend and weld one up myself.

I have to give you props, you make a fine product. You have inspired and protected many cruiser heads (no pun intended). Thank you for your contributions to the community.

Thank you. I appreciate the kind words. I really enjoy what I am doing and being involved in the land cruiser world.

On your other thread if you would like the larger stinger we can work out an exchange and the cost of the bigger one would be $10 extra. Let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom