Wanted Looking for Downie header and an Offenhauser for FJ40 (6154-DP or 6154-C) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all!

I picked up a 1974 FJ40 that has all the original parts under the hood. I am working to change out the intake and exhaust. I am hoping to find a Downie header and an Offenhauser intake. Anyone have one they want to part with?
Thanks all!

Craig

Craig, After I closed Downey Off Road Mfg. in 2009, I let Marks Off Road continue to build/supply the Downey Headers, until such time as the Header supplier gave Mark some unrealistic terms. Sooooo, good luck finding something that hasn't been on the market for awhile. As far as you wanting the Offy intake, what carburetor are you planning on running (or 4 barrel Fitech/Sniper)???

Thanks @Downey for the response and info.

I have had the truck a couple months at this point so it is an evolving plan. Focusing on reliability and simplicity. I am trying to compile all the parts over time to spread out the cost and work through the issues/options.

I have called Mark a few times but haven’t been able to get through to ask about either part. Not ready to give up yet, but may need to find other options. Any thoughts on ManAFre headers?

As far as Carb/EFI, I haven’t gotten too far yet into it. EFI is appealing for altitude, but I am leaning towards a carb. No thoughts yet on which one yet.

Thanks @Downey for the response and info.

I have had the truck a couple months at this point so it is an evolving plan. Focusing on reliability and simplicity. I am trying to compile all the parts over time to spread out the cost and work through the issues/options.

I have called Mark a few times but haven’t been able to get through to ask about either part. Not ready to give up yet, but may need to find other options. Any thoughts on ManAFre headers?

As far as Carb/EFI, I haven’t gotten too far yet into it. EFI is appealing for altitude, but I am leaning towards a carb. No thoughts yet on which one yet.

Hi there. As a one-man shop, I am almost always doing something that requires attention when the phone rings. Consequently VM messages and callbacks are the norm for me.

As Jim said, I haven’t had any headers for a few years now. I am slowly moving towards having another batch made, but no definite timetable that I would suggest anyone wait for. No alternatives worth mentioning either, since when I hopped into the driver’s seat on making these, I changed the last of the things that annoyed me as an installer and made them pretty darn perfect.

As far as the fuel management stuff goes, I’d like first dibs on your stock carb. With just a couple of year model exceptions, I think they’re way better than any of the aftermarket stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom