Looking for an '80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I'm a 'lurker' :eek: looking for a decent '91 - '94 '80 in the upstate. I am hoping to find a clean vehicle at a reasonable price. If you have one to sell or know of one, please send me a PM.

mall duty or trail duty?

DanKunz said:
mall duty or trail duty?

Somewhere in between. I want a nice truck for my daily driver, but I definitely want it to be off road capable.

My current Toyota truck is stock except for '31s and a rear locker, if that gives you an idea of where I'm at.

bump.

Sill looking...

Did you look at the 80 Andy is selling? Hes up in Charlotte area. Theres a thread on here with his 80 and 100 that hes selling.

I know of two 80's from the early 90's in Asheville:

1. a '92 or '93 with ARB front, 305's and lift, cargo rack on roof, and a Kaymar back bumper and tire carrier. It has 223,xxx miles, and just got out of the shop with a new radiator. Needs O2 sensors replaced. It is white, and looks to be relatively clean. Owner is a customer of owner of #2 below and wants to sell.

2. Stock early 90's 80, green exterior, brown (I think) interior. Owner is a Toyota shop owner.

You can inquire as to either of these by calling Mostly Toyotas and asking for Ed (shop owner) or Laurel. 828-253-4981

Last edited:
Did you look at the 80 Andy is selling? Hes up in Charlotte area. Theres a thread on here with his 80 and 100 that hes selling.

Thanks for the pub Richard.

There is a thread on here with an 80 I am selling:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=122459

This was Turkeypen's (post #8 here / above) 80 before I bought it. He took great care of it and I've done the same.

Bump for Andy! Andy's 80 (my old one) is a very nice '97, former Mom mobile.

Bump for Andy! Andy's 80 (my old one) is a very nice '97, former Mom mobile.

gotta agree. if I had the cash I would have it myself. That's one nice ride. Got to see it this weekend at the N vs S in URE. very nice.

You might want to research a little on the year 80 you want and what to look out for etc. Different engines within the years you listed is one thing, along with lockers available in some years you listed as well. Checkout Slee's web page for info on what to look for as well as FAQ thread int he 80 section of Mud.

How much are you looking to spend?

Hello all,

Thanks for the input. I really would like a '93 - '95 model. Most of the the 80's I've seen newer than '95 are out of my price range. I would consider a '91 or '92 if it was a really good deal.

Sweet avatar!

I think its funny that we registered on Mud at the same time and you have 24 posts :) Yeah I get a little obsessed on here at times.

Remember a 91-92 has a 3fe ans while a good engine, they run alot lower in price and are a good bit slower from what I have heard. (I dont know if I would pay over $3K for a 91-92 unless if was spotless.

What are you going to use an 80 for? And whats your price range, I am more than happy to keep my eyes peeled.

I will use my 'new' '80 for a DD and some off-roading. I am hoping for < $5500.

I drove a '91 a while back and didn't think it was too bad power-wise. The owner wanted $6k, which I felt was at least $2k overpriced.

VT92,

There is a white 80 ('97 model) that is sitting on the used car lot at jim barkley toyota in Asheville. It was a trade from Knoxville and looks to be in very good shape. I talked to a sales guy and they were undecided whether to sell it or wholesale it. It has 103k on it, is white, and has tan leather interior. Overall, an 8+. Non-arb brushguard on the front. This may be just within your price range. It was there last night. They probably gave the guy who traded it 4k.

My contact is Roy Masters, who is a cruiserhead and has bought some of my old cars. Call him and tell him I referred you 828-667-8888. (I have no interest in the deal)

-David Davis
Asheville, NC

There is a pretty nice 94 here with 200,000+ miles though. I think its at $5000. Its white and pretty clean.

Turkeypen,

Thanks for the tip. I have been out of town, so I called Roy on Wednesday, but they had already wholesaled the '80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom