Looking for a mechanic familiar with 80s in SI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As the title says, I am currently stationed on Staten Island and was wondering if anybody had good mechanic suggestions to work on a 97 FZJ80? I dont have any urgent projects in mind right now, just want to have somebody should the need arise. Any help is appreciated.

Jay

I suppose it all depends on the nature of the work. I honestly don't trust any mechanic/dealer around here anymore. We used to have 1 or 2 folks that specialized in LCs, but they have moved on to other things as the market doesn't support it.
There is a shop or 2 on Long Island that a few trust, but I've never had the need to go that route.
For major issues that I can't handle or have the time to deal with, I go down to Forge Specialties in VA.

As Jon mentioned: I have a trusted mechanic out here in East Northport on Long island. I haven't had him do much on my cruisers but I totally trust him to do good honest work.

Thanks, I have to try and find somebody local, I talked to the Motorpool guy here and he gave me a suggestion for a general mechanic on SI, so I may try that out.

Hey Jay, I've been through the ringer trying to find a good LC mechanic in the NYC area. There is a guy in NJ named Jose at Metro Land Cruisers who I found to be honest and pretty good. My other suggestion is to find a very good and honest mechanic then be very specific with him about the work you want done. I usually buy the parts myself and give them to the mechanic so I'm certain he uses the right s***. Good luck and please let me know if you find a hidden landcruiser genius hiding somewhere in the area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom