Wanted Looking for a 55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Offered up my 40 for trade last week.. no takers so figured I would try a different approach. Anyone out there selling or considering letting go of their 55?

I have 2 small kids now so it's time to move on from my 40 and into something (slightly!) more kid friendly. With 2 small kids, the days of turning wrenches on the weekend are gone for the time being so I'm not looking for a project. Looking for a good driver condition rig (no rot, good paint, nice interior... more or less 'complete' in and out) that's ready to hop in and cruise around on the weekends. I could rattle off a bunch of wish list items but beggars can't be choosers. I would prefer a later model 55 but willing to consider anything as long as it's in good condition. I'm in SC but willing to ship. Thanks guys!

I am thinking of selling my 1978 FJ55. Let me know if you are interested. Looking for 30k OBO

IMG_3303.JPG

IMG_3309.JPG

Man that's a beauty!! I would love to own it but I think that's a little too far out of my budget. I'm looking to spend somewhere in the neighborhood of $20k or less, but good luck with the sale.

1978 Toyota Land Cruiser | eBay

1978 FJ55 / ORIGINAL CONDITION / You might want to check out mine that I am selling. Could come down a bit for a MUD member. You can read about it on Ebay. It's as original as they get. I bought it from the original owner, all original paperwork, even the original bill of sale. Only has 78k miles on it, compression in the 150 plus range, runs great. You can read the details on Ebay and if you have interest, lemmie know. You will have to fix side doors ( rust ), needs new headliner, needs new Dash pad, needs new front seat cover, needs cargo panel interior redone, needs either a rear window gear or window motor. Not sure, have not taken it apart yet. PO gave me the original Tool Bag, Jack and Jack components, original manuals. Guts and Foundation undercarriage-frame completely solid. Dave

View attachment 1508092

dave78engine.JPG

dave78pigbackclose.JPG

dave78doorhandleclose.JPG

dave78piggrill.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom