Local Upholstery Shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all. I'm not a club member so I hope it's cool to post. I live in Alexandria and recently bought one of the vinyl carpet sets from Trail Tailor on the main Mud site. I am wondering if anyone knows of a good upholstery shop in the area that might be able to do the fit. I am planning on pulling the interior and existing carpets out myself to save some dough then putting down dynamat and the vinyl. I would like a shop to do the dynamat and vinyl install. Any ideas out there?

It's really super easy to do the Dynamat and fit the vinyl.

Yea it's mostly about the time involved. Doing it right will take several hours that I just don't want to spend. I guess it all depends on $$$!

Key Upholstery
6951 Richmond Hwy
(703) 768-1700
Did my headliner and did a great job.

I would do it but I don't have the time. I did auto upholstery with my uncle for 4-5 years.

I assume they do leather too? I need a place to fix leather seat

I ended up tackling the job myself. All told it was about 12 hours of labor to pull the old carpet, strip the interior, clean, apply dynamat, apply dynaliner, and install the new vinyl carpet. Lots of cutting and testing and re-fitting. Great result though. Trail Tailor's vinyl carpet sets are fantastic products if anyone is thinking of the same job.

I ended up tackling the job myself. All told it was about 12 hours of labor to pull the old carpet, strip the interior, clean, apply dynamat, apply dynaliner, and install the new vinyl carpet. Lots of cutting and testing and re-fitting. Great result though. Trail Tailor's vinyl carpet sets are fantastic products if anyone is thinking of the same job.

Thanks for the bump! Glad you like the final result. They are a nice kit!

Email me some pics, I'd love to see how yours turned out.

jason@trail-tailor.com

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom