Builds Lj79 Portal Axle Build,Borneo Beast (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Badass! And a 1JZ! Awesome! We would love to see some pics of it in action during the Borneo Challenge so take plenty!

I bet you destroy a few radius arm bushes though, I'd be looking to sneak in an upper suspension link on the back at least to control the torque.

Cheers
Clint

Awesome build @Jianol !! You mentioned you installed a 1JZGTE? I'd be very interested to see pictures of it in the engine bay!
This when im washing my engine before waterproofing my engine,

FB_IMG_1521489171940.jpg

Badass! And a 1JZ! Awesome! We would love to see some pics of it in action during the Borneo Challenge so take plenty!

I bet you destroy a few radius arm bushes though, I'd be looking to sneak in an upper suspension link on the back at least to control the torque.

Cheers
Clint
Sure will be posting it soon,im using the original bracket from the original lj79 axle for easy installation,will be upgrading to 4links soon,

Awesome! Thanks for the engine pictures and latest truck pictures!

Thank you for your postings. This picture is motivating me to tackle the Volvo portal disc conversion myself. If your machine shop without walls in the middle of Borneo can do it, surely I can get this done.

fb_img_1521259598494-jpg.1655803

Thank you for your postings. This picture is motivating me to tackle the Volvo portal disc conversion myself. If your machine shop without walls in the middle of Borneo can do it, surely I can get this done.
Make sure you sharpen your blade machine,volvo make the hub from high grade steel,

fb_img_1521259598494-jpg.1655803

Little off topic, but since I love Prado's with portals....

I've seen a few of these conversions done using the Volvo axles by Russians. Check out the 70 series cruisers here for pictures: Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 70-series. Мнение реальных владельцев на DRIVE2.RU Use google translate, and you'll see many of those guys have posted details of the various things they've done to their cruisers, lots of good info.

Here are pictures of three different Prados with portal axles. Far more pictures at the link I gave. The one guy even has picture documentaries of his journeys across Siberia. Pretty cool.

Portal1.jpg
Portal3.jpg
Portal2.jpg

Awesome Awesome..love it haha.

What ratio are using in the portals?

Last edited:
Hi Jianol,where did you source the portals?
i was in KK last year and didnt see many trucks on portals,i guess there don't go out very often.
i grewup in Limbang and Lots o my family still in sabah n sarawak.

Hi Jianol,where did you source the portals?
i was in KK last year and didnt see many trucks on portals,i guess there don't go out very often.
i grewup in Limbang and Lots o my family still in sabah n sarawak.
Got my axle set from Beluran,from a palm oil estes,oo i see,ring my phone if you around town +60149583921

Wau nice site,thanks for sharing,got some idea on future mode
Little off topic, but since I love Prado's with portals....

I've seen a few of these conversions done using the Volvo axles by Russians. Check out the 70 series cruisers here for pictures: Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 70-series. Мнение реальных владельцев на DRIVE2.RU Use google translate, and you'll see many of those guys have posted details of the various things they've done to their cruisers, lots of good info.

Here are pictures of three different Prados with portal axles. Far more pictures at the link I gave. The one guy even has picture documentaries of his journeys across Siberia. Pretty cool.

View attachment 1660215 View attachment 1660216 View attachment 1660217

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom