LJ78 Suspension lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there a 4" complete and correct suspension lift out there for the LJ78 Prado.

Any pics, love to see one lifted

Yes they do.

Here is a Zeal 4.5 lift I had on my 92 LJ-78 that I sold.

All the lifts that I know of for KZJ/LJ 78s are sold in Japan and are quite expensive.

They also have different coil ratings with different kits. All kinds of choices.

My Prado drove much better with the lift installed.

Randy
DSC00080.JPG
DSC00081.JPG

Randy-- what size tire were you running in those pic's.
Did you use wheel spacers..

Rich,

Those are 33x12.50s on 15x8 MT Challengers.

I didn't use wheel spacers, I just nicked down the front calipers a tad with a wheel grinder.

Never had any problems. A couple of years later I put on a set of 15x8 Eagle 589s. No problem with those wheels fitting either

I sold this Prado to Shane aka "BJ-44" and I believe put a set of 35x12.50s on it. I don't know if he has a clearence issues or not. Might want to PM him and ask.

Randy
DSC00542.JPG

Thats one fine ride you have, or is it had, same color as mine.

It just looks right, looks as if you could can one wheel in the fender and not have a chance of catching sheetmetal.

The ride quality is something that I'm after, the suspension travel on my Prado must only be like 2".

Thanks for the pics, appreaciate it,

Ryan

Rich,

Those are 33x12.50s on 15x8 MT Challengers.

I didn't use wheel spacers, I just nicked down the front calipers a tad with a wheel grinder.

Never had any problems. A couple of years later I put on a set of 15x8 Eagle 589s. No problem with those wheels fitting either

I sold this Prado to Shane aka "BJ-44" and I believe put a set of 35x12.50s on it. I don't know if he has a clearence issues or not. Might want to PM him and ask.

Randy

ah yes, Shanes 78 (even though he thinks 77s are ugly...) nice looking rig...

Several of the Aussie companies do them. The Prados were called a Bundera over there. Do a search.

Cheers
Clint

Err... bundies are 70 series SWB's.

There was no such thing as a 77 or 78 in Australia.

Infact, 78's are Utes and 79's are turbo utes (incl RV model).

78's are also full size troopy's and 79 turbo troopies (and RV).

Just to make stuff difficult.

That model you've got a pic of doesn't exist here.

Thanks for the info Randy.
The ride you had was a great looker....
Mine is one colour as the bottom 1/2 of your former ride.

Cheers man.

True,but aussie companies like Dobinsons and others still make a suspension kit for them for export and local use.
There is plenty of JDM 78 series in oz.

Ah yeah, I should have made that a a bit clearer, The suspension on the '90 on SWB LJ70/71 & the LWB LJ78/79 is the same, so stuff listed in Oz for the SWB will also fit the LWB.

Cheers
Clint

I'm still having troubles finding a lift kit, other than the dobinsons, I haven't found anything, does anyone have that link for Zeal, all that's turning up for me is small tuner car coilovers.

Ryan,

Zeal has something today with Pro Staff. I don't know what the relationship is between the two but when I would order stuff from Zeal it would also something about Pro Staff on the box.

Here is a quick link I have:

http://www.4x4prostaff.com/

If you send them a email they will do there best to help but remember they are trying to translate your question and reply back in English and is not always easy to understand what is being said on both sides but they do try from my experience

I hope this helps.

Randy

Thanks Randy, I'll try to be clear and concise, and hoepfully I can work it out with them, do you know how much in Canadian or American dollars your lift came to be.

Is it complete, in terms for correct steering angels and such.

Do they make a larger than 4.5 inch lift and what would that be in millimeters.

Thanks again

The 35's fit fine with the 4.5 lift just had to trim the front mud flaps a bit. The only other thing is that the tires rub a bit when in a full turn but spacers or rims with more offset would cure it. Even without the sway bars it is a stable ride at 100Km and four wheels pretty good. With some lockers it would do really well on the trails if I didn't care about the body or windows.

Hmm I like the look of 78 front ends better than the 77's but have never commented on it before???

actually we have found that rubbing is worse with spacers, it puts the tire at more of an axis hence travels further yet when turned and rubs on the body work.

chamberlains in chch new zealand make a kit for the 78 series prado ( i have one) by memory they make 50mm and 100mm lift. I have the 100mm lift but it ended up closer to 110 because of the sag in the old springs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom