LJ78 Suspension lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ihave 3 kits sitting in California but have been reluctent to push to get them up here since even in stock condition these trucks rock off road. plus i am concerned about the extra wind resistance this will create...

Wayne are these the Donaldson Lift kit and what size lift?

I would like at least a 4" lift

these are 2 /12" dobinson
how big a tire are you planning on running?!?!
2 1/2" lift= 5" bigger tire than stock or 35" tire
4" lift= 8" bigger tire than stock or 38" tire

you can run a 33" skinny on a stock suspension with no problems, 34" skinny with a small amount of rubbing under full articulation...

depends on tread pattern...
street tires=quiet
ATS=usually pretty quiet
M&S=noisier
true mud=noisy
swampers = very noisy
tractor tires=surprisingly quiet (but do not last long)
LOL!!

See, i'd like big some bigger tires on my truck to try and drop the rpm's a bit at highway speeds. But i dont have the funds to go for a lift, and like you said wayne, the extra wind resistance might cancel out any engine temp lowering the lessened rpms might give.

Do you think skinny 33s would make much of a difference compared to the stock setup on the truck now?

you will actually see poorer gas milage since the engine will have to work harder to turn the taller meats...
although with the higher boost and larger exhaust it seems to work out in the end.
i am running 31 fats on the wifes daily driver and 29 skinnies on the bush rig...

I'm running 33/12.5 right now and there's no way I could run 35/12.5 with only 2.5" lift, unless it is that my suspension is kind of bagged.

So right now when I'm on the trails I am worried about rubbing all the time yet it hasn't happened yet.

So Idealy I would like to run 35/12.5 with 4 inch lft, thinking that the added spring length will also help with ride quality.

35s on a LJ would look down right NASTY!!
it could be your shocks are worn out and not dampening like they should, Berni's bush rig does this on the back...

no its better when on sport seting for sure but still harsh,

Last rig was a pathfinder with 5.5 rear, 4.5 front suspension lift (IFS), was really good on fire roads at high speeds. Real good turn in with this set-up.

Rig before that was a HJ61 with the 35 and 6 inch lift, real nasty, kinda freaked me out on side hills, allwyas thought I was going to roll

I do, but this might sound ridiculous but I don't know how to properly upload them it has never worked for me.

Tell me how and I will upload them.

Hey Wayne I think I'll be coming down this Sunday or Monday will you be available then to meet up ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom