LJ78 AC Clutch only getting voltage in Neutral and Park Help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bottom line: The AC clutch will only engage in park or neutral.

AC will blow cold at any RPM in park or neutral. Had the wife put it in drive, 2 and L and the clutch disengages. I have checked the hi and low pressure at a shop and both are fine. Pulled off the clutch and everything looks good. The shop thought the clutch may be going bad but I just disconnected the wire to the AC clutch and checked the voltage with the shift lever in each position. Neutral and park gives a solid 13V, D/2/L the voltage drops off to 1V!

Any ideas, I need this fixed ASAP. I am pouring over what wiring diagrams I can find to see why it would do this. Any help is always greatly appreciated.

1992 LJ78 RHD w/ 2LTE Turbo
AC Compressor is 10PA15C Denso.

Update: After searching countless threads I found Rummat81's post from 2012 with a similar issue. Air Conditioner LJ78 He linked it to a remote starter that was added by a previous owner.
After digging out all the wiring under the steering column I discovered a remote starter/idle timer made by BeTime, model A-104.
Any ideas how to remove this or a wiring setup that would be causing the AC clutch issue like Rummat81's ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom